30; Second Round of First Impressions

𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢
Miles POV

This isn't the first time I wished that boyfriends came with manuals.

Why is it that I hardly hear a word from Parker all week long, and then suddenly, a few hours before I go over to have dinner with his parents, he's texting me about how excited he is for the evening and that he hopes I'll wear the grey shirt with the funky pattern he loves so much?

And I'll be damned if I said I didn't wear that shirt. I even dug out a pair of charcoal grey pants and retro Champion sneakers to match the fit.

Since I know at least one person will like how I look tonight, it gives me enough confidence to keep my chin up as I walk into Parker's house.

He shuts the door behind me once I cross the threshold and grins, his eyes lazily dropping over my body. "See? I told you that shirt was a good choice."

"I didn't realize that you watched my closet so closely. I haven't worn this thing since—"

"— The first week you came to school. I know, that's why I wanted to see it again. It looks good on you." Parker grins at me.

I lean down to slip my shoes off and smirk at him. "Just how good?"

"This good." He grabs me by the chin and pulls me closer since I'm already leaning down on his level. It's difficult to force my stupid smile into leisure before our lips meet. His breath is clean and minty, sending a new, rejuvenated energy through my blood. I've barely felt his touch all week, and that little kiss suddenly makes me want the feeling of his breath on my neck.

Instead of voicing that, I only smile bigger as we break apart. "I wonder what some of my amazing shirts would get me, then."

"Jokes on you. That level doesn't even require having a shirt on. Come on, stop distracting me. My parents are waiting." Parker's big smile doesn't diminish as he stands on his tippy toes to plant another kiss on my lips before walking off.

I try to wipe my goofy grin off as I follow him, my fingertips buzzing with elation.

His parents are busy as bees in the kitchen, swooping between the stove, stirring dishes on the counter, and grabbing utensils from drawers. It's like they're caught up in their own dance. Only a decades-worth of marriage can explain how fluently they work together.

Quinn, Parker's mom, notices me first and grins. "Miles! I'm so glad you could make it! It's great to see you again!"

"Just on different terms this time. Is this when we're supposed to lecture you about dating our son?" Emmett looks over at us from where he's taking a pan off the stove and winks.

Their immediate kindness catches me off guard. I laugh to humor them because I don't have the heart to explain that I've dated the majority of my boyfriends behind their parents' backs.

"Only if you feel the need to. I feel like I understand the gist, though. Have him home by eleven each night, keep the room door open three inches, call you guys every time we go somewhere, don't mess around and get pregnant..." I grin cheekily.

It's a shot in the dark to see if they'll find my joke funny or not. Thankfully, they do.

Poor Parker turns scarlet and smacks my shoulder defiantly while his mom shakes her head, trying to control her giggles.