21; Actions Have Consequences

𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹𝚛𝚍, 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢
Parkers POV

Clunk... clunk... vggttwhrrrmmm...

My body jolts awake, not allowing my brain to process the sound of the lawnmower running outside.

I groan and stretch my legs but stop when my feet connect with something solid.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

My eyes fly open, and I'm suddenly wide awake. The sun is barely hitting the window, yet some idiot is mowing their fucking lawn? That's not my only problem right now.

This isn't my room, this isn't my bed, and this isn't a dream.

Last night wasn't a dream.

Miles is still here, totally blacked out and snuggled against me. He must not have moved all night; his one leg is still caught between mine, he hasn't rolled off his side, and his arm slides off my waist to hit the bed.

Oh my god, I think to myself again in dismay. Did I seriously sleep with him like that all night?

I don't know what I should be feeling. Never in any of my wildest dreams did I think our first time sleeping together would turn out like this.

One-third of me is shocked that we didn't end up banging it out— hell, he even turned me down last night. The second third is shocked. I pictured myself walking him into the house, turning around, and going home.

We're getting too comfortable with each other.

But... that takes me to the final third.

We're getting comfortable with each other.

I'm taken by surprise because I didn't expect this to happen. If the circumstances were different, I would be drinking this moment up. Moving away from him would be the last thing on my mind. He looks so content and at peace that I want to sneak back into his embrace and stay there until Monday morning.

Although Miles won't remember what happened last night. There's no possible way he will, considering he consumed enough alcohol for an Irish army. He would be more shocked than I currently am to wake up seeing me in his bed.

I can't do that to him. We need to talk about whatever's happening between us first because something is happening here.

And I want to talk to him. Today.

Okay, maybe not today, but soon. I need to get my shit together before explaining my thoughts. Unfortunately, though, I don't even know what those thoughts are.

In a dream world, I'd give my old life the middle finger and jump into Miles arms like a scene from the Notebook. Unfortunately for me, this isn't a dream world. I have my sport, future, friends, and family to consider.

And it's all too tricky to consider at this moment, especially with Miles looking as good as he does next to me.

I need to get out of here before I do something stupid.

Carefully, I pick my head up to evaluate our situation. Miles is lying on his left side, with his right leg tangled between mine. His head is sharing my pillow, which makes my skin prickle, knowing that we slept so close.