Chaotic Encounter

We all calmed down and then they opened up the panel, it was really cool seeing how laid back they all were and just seeing how they interacted with each other more as a family than co-workers. Tom Holland was answering a question when I thought I saw something shine a row behind us a few seats from Megs. I turned and saw a man start to get up and take out a gun. I didn't even think I just yelled, "gun!" pushed Tiff and Megs down, grabbed the Captain America shield, and threw it at the guy. I was able to knock the gun out of his hand before he fired but then chaos erupted. People were screaming and running away while I was running at the guy when I saw him pull out a dagger. I didn't see who the hell he was aiming at but instinct took over and I just jumped in front of him, took the dagger to the thigh and was able to knock him out. Thank you, Marine Corps training, for fast reflexes.

             Next thing I know security comes over and cuffs the guy while Tiff and Megs come over and I sit up. Megan tells Tiff to get her bag that she has with her to go medical supplies in it. Another security officer says there's an ambulance on the way to which I scoff, "Yeah no thanks I have my own paramedic." I called. "I'm sorry you have a wha-." "You heard me." I answered, hooking a thumb in the direction of Megs who was already kneeling down next to me with her bag. "Ya know I'd appreciate it if you didn't make me do my damn job on vacation." She snarked. "So sorry I was busy saving your life." I said, groaning as she prodded the wound. "Owe would you quit that," I snapped the throbbing in my thigh getting worse by the minute. "Sorry Ms. American hero, but imma have to pull this knife out, then I'll wrap it," she explained as she studied the wound. "Okay 1, 2" I felt a hand wrap around my shoulder and the smell of teakwood and vanilla invaded my senses sending my body into fight mode just as Megs said three and the knife was ripped from my thigh. "Son of a" someone behind me coughed, interrupting me as I lurched forward in pain. The words that left my mouth as Megs poured the antiseptic into my wound must have reverted to Russian by the way Tiff was looking at me. "Would you calm down Tiff, I'm fine," I told her. "I'll calm down if you promise to speak in English." She laughed. Though I could tell she was worried just by the look on her face. She was also too quiet, something that only ever happened when she was upset.

                Megs started wrapping my wound when I started thinking back to minutes before and everything that happened when it dawned on me "Hey who was ole crazy ass aiming for anyway?" I wondered. And before anyone could answer I felt a breath on my neck and was once again reminded of the smooth hand still holding my shoulder. I turned as a honey voice lilted with a British accent answered my question, "It appears that would be me," he admitted as I for the second time today made eye contact with those hypnotic icy eyes freezing me in place once more. And all I could think before I passed out was this time I wasn't just another face in the crowd. 

A/N These first few parts are going to be short to get everything started. Once I get more into the story it will be longer. Please leave any feedback 😊

XOXO