A Start in the Right Direction

As I watched Tom leave I decided to go take a nice long hot bath. It's that time of the month and I am secretly happy to have a few hours to lay down and do nothing. After my bath I start to feel my cramps start up. Unfortunately no matter how hard I look around my room and bathroom I can't seem to find my Midol. Dammit I've been so busy I forgot to buy some more which is saying something since my period is so regular. I decide to just go to the store real quick before Tom gets back and as I'm passing the kitchen I remember him saying he left me some stuff on the counter. I figured it was probably an updated schedule or something for his tour since he had a business call earlier this morning.

I walk into the kitchen and see a huge beautiful basket with a bunch of stuff and a card with my name on it in calligraphy. Weird it isn't my birthday so what is this for. I open the card and it says

(Y/n),

You've been working way too hard and even helped out during your time off disrupting your plans and missing the musical you were so looking forward to seeing. So to show my gratitude I bought tickets for us to see it tonight. Marla should be arriving soon with an outfit for you plus someone to do your hair and make up. I know how busy you've been so in the basket are some goodies and Midol. I'll see you tonight.

-Tom

I reread the note probably 10 more times to make sure I'm seeing things right. I finally put the card down, look in the basket, and start pulling stuff out. There's chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate dipped pineapples, my favorite mango body scrub, a beautiful pearl earring and necklace set, and a box of Midol. I'm clutching the Midol box in my hand not knowing how long I'm standing there in the kitchen when I hear the front door open. I look up just as Lopez and Tom walk into the kitchen and see me but I can't seem to take my eyes off a pair of icy blues. Lopez looks between Tom and I mumbles something about making a phone call and leaves. Tom cautiously walks closer to me and then I hear his smooth British voice roll over me.

"(Y/n), are you okay?"

"Did you really do all of this for me?" I whisper.

"Of course I did. Did you read the note I attached to the basket? Marla called and she's running a little late something about the makeup and hair lady needing to get something."

"You did this all for me. All by yourself without any prompting?" I softly question again, closing my eyes.

"Yes, (Y/n)... oh gosh what's wrong why are you crying?" I hear him ask in a panicked voice.

"No one has ever done anything so thoughtful for me before. Thank you so much Tom this means so much to me." I tell him, eyes still closed trying to stop the tears from falling.

I feel his fingers softly wiping my tears away before I hear him whisper, "That's the first time you called me Tom. If I knew showing you how grateful I am for you and everything you do for me would finally get you to say my name I would have spoiled you from the beginning (Y/n)."

I can't help myself and I wrap my arms around him and hide my face on his chest. I'm so short compared to him with me only being 5'3" and him being 6'2" but it's comfortable and I realize I like this a lot more than I should. I need to put space between us. I give his chest a soft kiss before stepping away from him. He's looking at me with a soft expression and he's about to say something but then Marla comes running in with three other ladies whose arms are full of items.

"So sorry we are late but we can still get (Y/n) ready just in time so you two aren't late to the musical." Marla says out of breath. I clear my throat "Of course Marla thank you. Let's just go to my room shall we." They all head to my room and before I follow them I look into those icy blue eyes that have haunted my dreams for months one last time. I walk into the room and the women are running around in a flurry of activity while I just lean against the door trying to get my heart and emotions under control. I go to the bathroom and wash my face when one of the girls comes in and starts doing my hair. After she's done another girl comes in and then does my make up. When they both look at me with satisfied expressions they lead me to my room where Marla has a beautiful gown ready for me to put on.

She helps me in it, zips me up, then faces me to the floor length mirror. It's red with lace, a v-neckline, off the shoulder mermaid style dress. It is breathtaking and as I am studying myself she puts the pearl earrings and necklace Tom got me on and then hands me a box.

"Tom said he saw these and knew you would love them."

I open the box and inside are a beautiful pair of red lace Louboutin heels. They're stunning and I can't wait to put them on. Marla helps me and I look at the mirror again and can't believe the woman staring back is supposed to be me. I can't wait for tonight, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and see what will happen between Tom and I. 

A/N I will have another update tomorrow. Hope you enjoy as always feedback is welcomed. I will have pictures of the dress, heels, and hairstyle after this note. For the hairstyle yo9ur hair is longer than what's pictured. I do not own any of the images.

XOXO