Chapter 17

Mu Ling looked at the young girl who sat with old people. She was weird and had amazing beauty and extraordinary skills. The talented student who was supposed to study at Huada was now digging a cave to build houses in the deep mountains, hunting and farming. This little girl called Su Mian was unpredictable in words and deeds.

There was a frozen lake on the mountain.

Mu Ling felt that he had grasped some very important things. He believed in his intuition which saved his life several times.

After lunch, everyone took a nap. The man went to the tree at the entrance of the village and dialed the mysterious number engraved in his mind under the scorching sun, “Mu Ling, the 11th generation of collateral son of the Mu family, applied for a call.”

This was the number his grandpa told him about before he died. His family name was Mu. He was the 11th generation of collateral son of the Mu family. He was the collateral son sent to the world by the family. If one day he felt the crisis and had nowhere to go, he could apply for return and get the family’s asylum.

At the beginning, Mu Ling didn’t believe that until his grandfather was cremated, the ashes weren’t buried in the cemetery, but were picked up by two young people, who seemed to be ordinary in appearance, but had an indescribable affinity, which was irresistible.

“The Mu’s children will be buried in the family cemetery. Mu Ling, if one day you encounter something that can’t be solved, you can come to us.”
The two left at night, as if they had never appeared, and now Mu Ling felt the breath of the Mu’s children on Su Mian.

There was a busy tone on the phone, and it seemed that no one would answer until five seconds later.

“Identity confirmation, do you need to return to the family?” The woman’s voice on the phone was full of vitality and affinity.

“No.” The man looked down at the isolated, peaceful and beautiful small mountain village, and said lowly, “I trade my right of life for the right to knowledge, and I applied to talk to the head of the Mu family.”

He was a soldier, but because he was the son of the Mu family, he could get the family’s protection, but what about his brothers? How about these millions of ordinary people? He wanted to know what was happening to the world.

“Just a moment please. I’m connecting you.”

After waiting for less than a minute, the call was transferred successfully.
“You are the first person in hundreds of years to exchange asylum for information,” a gentle voice of a man was heard.

“Mu Ling, I am Mu Gui, the eleventh-generation head of the Mu family. What do you want to know?”

“I am on a mission. Since this month, there have been hundreds of major disasters across the country. I want to know what happened.”

Mu Gui was silent for a moment, then said gently, “Knowing the truth will not help you. Mu Ling, I can reject your application. The disaster will continue to expand next month, I will send someone to take you back to the family.”

“I’m a soldier,” Mu Ling refused, “I don’t know why the family should go into hiding and avoid the world, but I like this real and bloody world. As long as I live a day, I will protect it.”
This time, Mu Gui was silent for a longer time.

“The world you see is not the whole world, after all, I can’t see the sky above my head.”

“However small it is, it’s better to know how to protect people.”
Mu Ling thought of this lonely village with only eleven people, and the fact that a young girl who was only twenty years old could take care of the whole village by herself, so why would he be afraid of what could happen?
He wanted to know where it was really safe, and he wanted to help them.

“Tell me, what happened?”
Mu Gui sighed, “We speculate that the global high temperature will strike in the near future, and the temperature may be as high as several hundred degrees Celsius. When the fire comes, the end of the world will come. The world is so big that there is no safe place. There may be a trace of life left in the forest.”

This was concluded by the four major families. The forces of the elements of the world were rioting and there were many disasters. Maybe the end of the world was coming. He thought that his Mu family was desperate, hiding in the deep forest and old forest. The family children sent out these years were also laissez faire. There was no so-called industry. They were no less than the Luo family, no better than the Feng family, and they were destitute.

( Tl note: laissez-faire, a French term that translates as “leave alone” (literally, “let you do what you want”))

Now that the crisis was coming, he intended to take back all his disciples and rely on Luo’s family to resist the apocalypse.

Mu Ling trembled and felt cold all over his body. He said quietly, “How is this possible?”

The end was coming? Global high temperature? Mu Ling looked at the isolated small mountain village in front of him, and thought of the frozen lake in the scorching heat, he suddenly seemed to be struck by lightning. If Mu’s prediction was true, then it would be safe here.

Mu Ling asked, “Can the cold lake that is still freezing in the heat, withstand the heat of the apocalypse?”

On the phone, Mu Gui’s voice trembled slightly, “How big?”

“The size of a football field.”

“Mu Ling, report your position, you saved the Mu family, no, you saved people,” Mu Gui took a deep breath, stabilized his emotions, and was shaking with excitement.

Mu Ling was silent, they weren’t saved by him, but by Su Mian. This Hantan village was his blessed land, and it was the blessed land of the Mu family.

Su Mian didn’t know that the officer who came to the rescue was a child of Mu ’s side branch, nor did she know that she had moved the young officer’s heart and wanted to help the young and old in the village.
At this moment, the head of the Mu’s family was on his way to Hantan village at the moment.
————

The author has something to say:
Su Mian: I didn’t expect that the first person I saw was you.
Mu Gui: Keke, little sister, who are you?
Luo Hansheng : ? ? ?