Chapter 44

Su Mian was startled. She stood up and turned around to go home.

Blocking her way, the man raised his eyes coldly and said, “Su Mian, are you trying to escape?”

Su Mian almost couldn’t breath. Was he following her?

“Mr. Luo may have misunderstood. I have no thoughts of you at all.” She smiled, “Please don’t follow me, okay?”

The moment she came out, Luo Hansheng appeared, making it clear that he was using his power to sense her.

“Su Mian, why are you here?” Mu Gui pushed open the door and saw the two standing beside the cold pool talking. He immediately smiled and asked, “Will you join us to kill the Elemental Beasts?”

“Into the mountain?” Su Mian was stunned for a moment, “Now?”

So Luo Hansheng wasn’t following her, but they happened to be going out? Su Mian blushed instantly.

“Lao Luo sensed two fourth-level Elemental Beasts in the mountain, and the power of the fire Elemental Beasts would be weakened to a certain extent at night. We plan to kill them all night as we cannot wait for them to grow up.”

Luo Hansheng laughed, which was pleasant to the ear, “Miss Su, you’d better go back and have a good rest. Don’t think about it.”

“I’ll go with you!” Su Mian exclaimed.

“No, we aren’t sure that we will be able to retreat and protect you,” Mu Gui shook his head repeatedly. Su Mian’s ability was too low, and it was dangerous in the deep mountains.

“I have the ability to protect myself. I grew up in the mountains and I am more familiar with the wild beasts’ habits in the mountains than you,” Su Mian said firmly. Her powers shouldn’t only heal wounds, she urgently needed to improve her powers, and actual combat was the best way to improve.

“Come on, I told Luo Qi to come,” Luo Hansheng said lightly and walked out first.

Su Mian felt a little joy in her heart, feeling that this person wasn’t as abominable as before.

“When we trap and kill the Elemental Beasts, you will stay away from them, you understand?” Mu Gui told Su Mian carefully.

Su Mian nodded. When they got down from the road behind the mountain, they saw Luo Qi waiting at the entrance of the village with an armored vehicle.

“Good fellow, why didn’t you come in a tank?” Mu Gui saw that he was driving an armored car, and was very happy that his SUV could be laid off with honor.

“The space in the tank is too stuffy. The young master doesn’t like it.”

The young boy with red lips and white teeth saw Su Mian behind Luo Hansheng and stared at her in surprise. A Wo… wo….woman? Women couldn’t appear within three meters of their young master! If his third brother, and fifth brother knew, they would die from shock!

“I’m Luo Qi,” Luo Qi greeted enthusiastically.

“Su Mian,” Su Mian smiled slightly. Luo Qi was Luo Hansheng’s favorite subordinate in the previous life, and he was one of the few people she could contact. It was a pity that this teenager died in order to save Luo Hansheng in the second year of the apocalypse. Since then, Luo Hansheng’s temperament had become more cruel.

In this life she wished him peace and happiness. Su Mian smiled at Luo Qi.

Luo Hansheng glanced at Su Mian, who was too enthusiastic, and squinted slightly. Luo Qi was still a child, she liked cute little boys?

The group went into the mountains. Because Luo Hansheng cleaned up a number of Elemental Beasts during the day, the surrounding area of the deep mountain was extremely quiet, but this kind of quietness showed a hint of depression.

The armored car rolled in all the way, and drove for more than half an hour.

“Why are there still trees? Didn’t the fire in the mountain burn them?” Mu Gui was surprised when he saw the lush forest in front of him.

All the way in, no low-level Elemental Beast could be seen. Su Mian felt a sense of depression, which made her heart heavy. It seemed that there was some terrible danger lurking in the night.

“Here, the wood elements are strong, and a fourth-level element beast was born. How could ordinary fire burn up the mountain forest?” Luo Hansheng got out of the car first and said in a low voice, “Wait here. I’ll lead the fire Element Beast here.”

The man looked at the direction of the most red lights in the deep mountain.

“You want to see them fight each other? What if these two Elemental Beasts worked together to deal with us?” Mu Gui said with horror.

Su Mian said, “No, they are on their own side. They have no human wisdom. For them, the other is the greatest threat.”

Luo Hansheng looked at Su Mian in surprise, then turned around and entered the deep forest.

As soon as Luo Hansheng left, Mu Gui sat down to absorb the wood elements and cultivate them.

“Su Mian, there are many weapons on the armored vehicle. You can take whatever you want,” Luo Qi smiled generously.

Su Mian nodded with a smile. In the early days of the apocalypse, when the temperature had not reached the melting point, guns and weapons could still be used. However, they could only kill low-level elemental beasts and blow their heads. If they had time to practice shooting, it was better to practice controlling their own abilities.

When the temperature got higher, the weapon would basically be useless.