-Chapter 2-

It turns out it was option two

It turns out it was option two. Jocelyn wants us to go to a party that her boyfriend Liam is going to DJ for. Jocelyn has been dating Liam for five months, which is a big deal for Jocelyn who is a self-proclaimed commitaphobe.

Due to my unenthusiastic attitude towards going out, I was given two options; I stay at home and study but I won't have friends anymore as they both promised to disown me or I could go out.

I know it's an empty threat, they will never disown me, I hope. Eden pleads and Jocelyn continues to make threats as I decide. I guess one night won't completely ruin my plans for the weekend.

I roll my eyes, let out a sigh and I agree to go. They both cheer, then shoo me away into my room to get ready.

I'm given an hour to get ready before we have to leave. An hour gives me enough time to have a body wash. Thankfully I washed my hair this morning, I just need to add a few loose curls to my hair with the curler. It's always easier to curl my thick and frizzy hair than try to straighten it. Especially with the limited time I've been given.

Adding concealer, setting powder, blush and bronzer to today's makeup from this morning, which I made sure to avoid washing off in the shower does the job of making me look refreshed. An hour may seem like a lot of time, but starting from scratch with both my hair and makeup is mission impossible for me.

I slide open the door of my wardrobe and scan all the denim clothing that I have piled on one of the bottom shelves. I pull out a black denim skirt, thankfully a belt is still looped around the waist. I move over to where my tops are on hangers and choose a plain white crop top. I complete my outfit with my black double sole classic vans.

I grab my black purse and jacket before heading into the kitchen to find Jocelyn and Eden both sat on the counter with a bottle of beer.

"Ready?" Jocelyn asks.

I nod, taking my hands through my loose curls one more time, using the microwave as a mirror.

Jocelyn is the shortest of the three of us. With the black platform doc martens that she's wearing, she nearly matches my height. Although, neither Jocelyn nor I can reach Eden's height.

Adding unneeded height to an already model tall Eden, she pairs her outfit of a black turtle neck bodysuit and tartan patterned skirt with over the knee suede heeled boots. The gap between her skirt and boots reveals her thigh tattoo that she got this summer of a red heart. The heart is not filled in with any colour, it's a thin outline, no bigger than a thumb.  During the summer break, each of us got a tattoo after excessive pleas from Jocelyn to do so. After a lot of back and forth on what tattoo I should get, I decided on a red butterfly on the back of my left arm above my elbow.