- Chapter 29 -

“Do you know what's behind the other doors?” I ask, tightening my grip in Cole’s hand. The corridors are narrow and a little creepy as they barely have any light. The first time I came here, Eden practically left claw marks on my forearm from how hard she was gripping onto me, not that I blame her. I'm probably doing the same to Cole's hand. 

“Nope.” Cole looks past his shoulder, down to me. “Why? Want to find out?”  

“Hell no. I don’t want to come across anything creepy.” Cole lets out a short laugh before stopping in front of the exit door. 

“Coat or hoodie?” Cole asks, holding his bomber coat scrunched in his other hand.  

“What?”

“Do you want to wear my coat or hoodie? It’s freezing outside...”  

“Oh...um, hoodie.” I blurt out which item of clothing I want of his, not knowing why I choose one over the other but I just stand and gawk at Cole, hopefully, subtly while he reaches for the hem of his hoodie and brings it over his head revealing his plain grey t-shirt underneath. I flash a faint smile when he passes me his hoodie, trying to not get completely flustered by the gesture, I slowly put my arms through the sleeve first then bring his hoodie to my head. Thankfully, I don't make a fool out of myself, which I wouldn't put myself past doing. I don't need to pull his hoodie down because it drops down the rest of my body once it's over my head and past my shoulders. Although it’s clear to me that I carry more weight than Cole, his clothing is always extremely baggy and oversized, resulting in it being slightly oversized even on me. 

Is it contradictory that I'm weirdly comfortable around him yet, I'm aware of all my movements so that I can make sure I don't do anything embarrassing?

Taking my hand in his we walk to a spot, nearer the road. A dim light shines enough light on us from the scattered lamppost. I don’t feel pressured to talk or fill the silence when I’m with Cole, it’s an odd feeling. Usually, I’d blurt out random small talk but with him, I don't feel the need to.  

“Hey!” we turn to find the rest of the group walking in our direction. Jocelyn is slightly ahead of the rest. “Hey, sorry to interrupt but we're heading back to ours.”  

“How are we getting there?” I ask. 

“I’ve already ordered an uber for all of us,” Liam informs us, throwing his arm around Jocelyn’s shoulders. “They’ve sent an eight-seater.” he goes on to clarify.   

All seven of us stagger out of the eight-seater uber that collected us. Stumbling up the stairs, I take Cole's hand when it’s offered to me for support. I look over to Eden, to hold hers to help her up in her heels but she’s already holding onto Jeffery’s hand. Clementine somehow has a hold of our keys and opens the front door, taking a bow, prompting the rest of us to walk in before her when she opens it.  

“What takeout are we ordering?” Liam asks, standing behind Jocelyn with his arms wrapped around her waist.

“Something sweet.” Eden requests from somewhere. I can’t seem to spot her when I walk in last with Cole. “I want something desserty.” She continues. In search of her voice, I head over to the sofa and peer over. To my surprise, Eden is laying across the sofa with her head resting on Jeffery’s lap and her feet resting on Clementine's lap. She has surely become comfortable around the two of them. And, they both don’t seem to mind Eden using them as pillows either.

“Yeah, let’s just get dessert,” Jocelyn says.

Liam nods and takes his phone from his pocket; I presume he's searching for a dessert place that delivers. I announce to the group that I’m going to get changed and to order me anything cookie dough related or peanut butter flavoured.