lightning kisses (jason grace)

𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

This series of seven oneshots; Lightning Kisses, Bear Claws, Plans and Formulas, Soulmate Theory, Architectural Wonder, Pegasus Wings and Breaking the Mist are based off artwork made by @savysamiart. I have gotten permission from the artist to be using their artwork to show and make oneshots off of. Please find this artist at @savysamiart on Instagram or @savysami on tumblr and tiktok to show them some love and appreciate all of their art

this oneshot contains major spoilers for the Trials of Apollo series

          "𝔘h, hi?" I turned to look at the boy who had spoken to me. He looked like a lost puppy, with wide eyes and a scared look on his face. Immediately, it clicked.

Newly dead.

"Hey, you're new, aren't you?" I walked over, holding my hand out to him. It was only as I stood in front of him that I noticed just how tall he was, towering over me by an annoying large difference. He held his hand out, and I yelped as I got a small electric shock when I shook it.

"I'm so sorry," I laughed it off, noticing the lightning tattoos that were twisting and curling up and around his arm. He was bright red, mortified at the thought of accidentally electrocuting me, but I found it more funny than anything else. "I really didn't mean to and I'm so embarrassed that I did that."

"It's fine," I waved it off, offering up my other arm for him to shake so that I didn't get shocked. Luckily, his other hand didn't have any lightning bolts on it, so I was in the clear. "Where you supposed to be heading?"

"Here?" He passed me a slip of paper, and I read over it before nodding.

"You're on my street. What's your name?"

"Jason. Jason Grace," He said and I told him my own name, before leading him off down the streets of Elysium. Jason was looking around in a mixture of confusion and awe, and I grinned. I'm pretty sure that I looked exactly the same way when I first arrived.

"Not what you expected?"

"I didn't know what to expect to be perfectly honest," He revealed, looking around at the mismatch of different architecture. We had everything from Roman villas to English stately home-esque houses, and a whole mismatch of people from every era milling around and playing games with one and other. It was a bizarre thing to see. "It's so much..."

He trailed off, making a gesture with his hands as I nodded.

"It is," I knew how he was feeling. A year or two earlier, I'd gone through the same experience; newly dead and walking through Elysium after coming off of the field of war. It was all weird and new and completely bizarre. "This is our street. Most of the people here are demigods who died in one of the wars over the last few years."