architectural wonder (annabeth chase)

𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

This series of seven oneshots; Lightning Kisses, Bear Claws, Plans and Formulas, Soulmate Theory, Architectural Wonder, Pegasus Wings and Breaking the Mist are based off artwork made by @savysamiart. I have gotten permission from the artist to be using their artwork to show and make oneshots off of. Please find this artist at @savysamiart on Instagram or @savysami on tumblr and tiktok to show them some love and appreciate all of their art

 Please find this artist at @savysamiart on Instagram or @savysami on tumblr and tiktok to show them some love and appreciate all of their art

          𝔗he war had led to a lot of changes within the demigod world and I was in the middle of it all. After the dust had settled from the fall of Kronos, we'd been tasked with finding and identifying our dead.

That had been hard. 

Despite the fact that I was only just about to hit seventeen, I'd been considered the oldest in the Hephaestus cabin, and thus, I'd been nominated as the leader. I'd turned eighteen, left for college to study structural engineering (which shouldn't have been a surprise considering who my father was), the second war had started and I had been called back during my first year of studying. 

There'd been even more destruction after that and I had found that my talents had been called into play, to help build the new cabins for the camp and other amenities whilst working with my siblings and the Athena cabin.

Well, one particular member of the Athena cabin.

Annabeth Chase was a well known figure around camp. She was one of the Heroes of Olympus, in both wars, incredibly clever, and her architectural skills were legendary. She and I had been working closely together for about six months.

She designed the buildings, I made them a reality and we worked well together. We had always worked well together.

"There you are." I twisted away from my desk. One of Annabeth's newest designs was laid out in front of me as I worked out how best to go about building it and how long it would take. The smaller, blonde woman appeared, her laptop in her arms as she dragged a chair over. "How's it going?"

"It's going." I shrugged. "I'm having to make some adjustments to make it structurally sound but it's doable."

"What did you need to change?"

"Add in some columns here, make the top bit lighter so that the roof doesn't cave in." I twisted to point the areas out. "Hopefully, it doesn't disrupt the masterful design of yours too much."

"I don't mind that as long as it doesn't collapse on anyone." Annabeth pointed out, with a shrug, plugging her laptop in and setting it up beside me. "Don't think that'll be too good for anyone."