The Treasonous General 5

Yan Chu learned martial arts from an early age, but if he wanted to be an excellent general, it was not enough to have a military force alone. He must also be able to think quickly and read the art of war. Therefore, when Yan Chu was very young, his biological mother, Third Lady Yan, had begun to enlighten him in literature.

Third Lady Yan was born in the Zheng family in Handan. The Zheng family was not distinguished, but it had a remarkable position among literati. Expressly Third Lady Yan's father, Venerable Teacher Zheng, was a master of ink painting, which was hard to find.

As the daughter of such a family, Third Lady Yan was also obsessed with books and picture scrolls. After her husband's death, she was even more attached to painting and calligraphy.

When Third Master Yan was still alive, he often searched for some rare books or valuable papers and inkstones to compensate his lovely wife, who had guarded the empty boudoir alone all year round.

After the Third Master Yan passed away, Third Lady Yan never used those things again. Only when missed him occasionally, she could take them out to solve her yearning and sorrow.

As the only son of Third Lady Yan, the original self had become a person who could often touch those things.

It was thanks to the few memories in his mind that Yan Chu could detect the problems in that paper.

Qin Qiuzi, who was a master of ink making in Ming, manufactured the ink by hand, which was like paint, colorfast, and waterproof. These were not the most prominent characteristics of Qiuzi ink and most praised for its fragrance.

The ink aroma was similar to medicine but mixed with the other smell of Saussurea Costus Root, and when written on paper, the fragrance would last for a century.

After Qin Qiuzi became famous, he produced very few inkstones, which were almost hard to find. He was from Ming. Zhou and Jiang's people wanted to use Qiuzi ink, and there had to be those itinerant traders who traveled between the Three Kingdoms. Usually, after several changes of hands, the price was higher!

Therefore, even for those high ranking officials and noble families, it was a treasure to have a block of Qiuzi ink stick, and would not use it easily.

Just like the Yan family, there was only one piece of Qiuzi ink stick, which was collected by Third Master Yan for his wife before his death.

The reason why this memory was so apparent was that when the original self was seven years old, he threw Third Lady Yan's piece of Qiuzi ink stick in a water jar because he thought it had a good smell. When they were finally found out and fished it out, there was only a small chunk remaining and a jar full of fragrant ink water.

Perhaps for the person who framed him, Qiuzi ink was just something that able to use at will. Since he was used to it, he would not think it strange. He ignored this fatal problem when imitating his handwriting.

First, did Yan Chu take a piece of Qiuzi ink stick with him when he joined the army? Second, Jiang's royal family had their special inkstone. Qiuzi ink would not appear in Jiang's royal family. In this case, why Qiuzi ink used by both sides of this letter?

When Yan Chu raised this question, people in Xuanshi Hall were stunned!

Because although the fragrance of the Qiuzi ink was unique, the scent was light, so only when you smelt it carefully could you smell it. Its main character still had the smell of ink. Moreover, everyone focused solely on identifying the handwriting on it and had not carefully examined what ink these written words.