The Treasonous General 8

Zhou Mingzhu had little memory of this imperial elder sister, Zhou Mingli. Among the few concerns she paid to the other party in her former incarnation, the most impressive thing seemed to be that the other party rejected the imperial father's point to marry. She insisted on leaving home to become a Buddhist nun and entered the Miaoyin Nunnery to pray for blessings for the Great Zhou's royal family and people.

At that time, the Great Zhou had an invincible general Yan Chu and did not need to sacrifice a princess to connect by marriage with Jiang. For this reason, nothing like this happened in this life.

When Zhou Mingzhu first heard that imperial elder sister, who she did not care much about in her former incarnation, unexpectedly directed to marry Emperor Jiang, who was gradually approaching old age, she still felt a little guilty. But on second thoughts, even if she was obstinate and stubborn to not marrying Emperor Jiang, it was also the same as being a Buddhist nun. She was widowed and became Empress Jiang. In the future, when Emperor Jiang Wang died, she would be Jiang's Empress Dowager. She could not entirely enjoy a life of luxury[1]. Zhou Mingli should be grateful to her.

"Why do you say that Imperial Elder Sister necessarily has Young General Yan to send her to marry?"

Zhou Mingzhu did not understand this matter.

"This servant is also unclear, but listening to the little palace maids and eunuchs said that the eldest princess did not seem to like Young General Yan. She knew that the other side had broken his hamstring and wanted to humiliate Young General Yan on the way to send her to marry."

Zhou Mingzhu's maid was also not understood, so she chose one of the most popular news in the palace to tell the princess.

When Zhou Mingli pleaded for Yan Chu, there were only two people in the Xuanshi Hall, Emperor Zhou and her. Emperor Zhou would not talk about this matter to anyone around him, and Zhou Mingli even more unlikely would. Because of this, the people in the palace kept dubious about the messages now.

Zhou Mingzhu pondered the memories of her former incarnation and did not remember where Yan Chu and Zhou Mingli had feuded.

But thought about it carefully, in the Zhou Imperial Palace, the empress was the one only who ruled. As the daughter of a foreign country dancer, Zhou Mingli was the only princess in the palace who did not come from the empress of Zhou, how could she live a good life?

Indeed, Empress Zhou felt it beneath her dignity to bother with the concubine-born princess. After all, she was a daughter, not like the concubine-born sons, who might vie over her son for the title of Emperor. However, there was no lack of social climbing people in the palace. Although Empress Zhou maintained a model attitude towards this eldest princess, she still smart-aleck[2] to tease and bully her, luckily preserving a little face in front of the empress.

This kind of practice, it was not until the princess gradually became a person who was worthy of some respect, at least the other side still had a princess' status, in the end, dare not do too much!

Zhou Mingzhu recalled this matter and thought that Yan Chu, like those people, had bullied Zhou Mingli when she was young? So in the former incarnation, did Zhou Mingli become a nun and discouraged when she saw that the people she hated had reached a height where even a princess could not retaliate?

Thinking this way, Zhou Mingzhu felt that her work method was not wrong before! Such a man was not worthy at all of her, Princess Mingzhu's beloved.