The Bracelet

"Alright, crew," Laki said as the five exited the ship. They were stretching their legs on the planet Hadeeqa, it was their first successful trading planet, and as it turned out, the air is suitable for human life. The crew agreed that this detail would stay between them since it was already inhabited by sentients, humans finding out there is a breathable planet they could "escape to" when they ruined Earth was not very desirable.

"Today will serve as a test run for trading with E.T.s" said Laki.

"So buy whatever we want and make NASA pay?" Michelle asked hopefully. "Not what I was going for but yeah," Laki chuckled.

"Yes!" the sisters cheered in sync.

"How do we pay though?" Nero asked. "I don't think the Shajara take American dollars."

"We don't." said a familiar voice.

The crew turned around to see the Queen of the Shajara people, Queen Zahra. She strode closer, leaf laden dress long and dragging, hiding her feet and making it look as if she were afloat. Her hair would occasionally sway in the wind and, held up and around the back of her head much like the tops of trees. She had bark and wood-like decor trailing down and around her arms, as well as in her hair. But most magnificent of all must have been the antler-like wooden crown, secured around her head and protruding quite elegantly on either side of her, it was adorned with gems and was decorated in emerald-like vines.

"Queen Zahra," Laki said with his arm on his chest bowing slightly. "It's a pleasure to see you again."

"As it is you, Captain Lima," Zahra replied, only lightly bowing her head his way. "I was informed of your arrival in our air space and decided to greet you personally." She smiled.

"We're honoured," Laki replied, holding his head high, a smile very noticeable on his face.

After a moment, Queen Zahra spoke again with a curious tone, "I understand that you need dinillas for trade, but only have your Earth currency on hand?"

"That's correct, my queen." Qadr nodded.

"Dinillas are, in fact, the universal currency of the galaxy," the Queen explained with a smile. "One is worth the same as, about..." She stopped for a moment to think, tapping a bark-like complexioned finger on her earthy-toned lip, "100 of your dollars, I believe."

She paused for a moment before continuing, "I also understand that Earth has many different currencies," she chuckled, "It is all very confusing, however, one of my non-hostile scouts quickly visited Earth, since you brought it onto our maps, and weighed it out. My scientists then built the suitable converter."

Nero was shocked. "Sorry to interrupt your highness, but am I to understand: you now have a currency exchanger for American dollars?!"

She nodded and smiled sweetly, "And it is yours to do as you please."

"How does it work?" Nero asked eagerly.

"Careful Rivers," Britney remarked, "The mechanic is showing."