The Jacket

Another day, another failed trade contract. The Sora 5 crew were currently being chased off the planet Tsukia. Apparently, having only one moon is absolutely insane to the Tsukians.
Whilst running away from the angry alien mob, Nero's jacket which had been tied around his waist, got caught on a branch of a thorny bush.

"Aw no!  My jacket!" Nero wailed. Laki helped him get unstuck, before leading them both back to the Sora 5.
Laki runs into the cockpit and in minutes they set off.
After making sure they weren't being followed the autopilot was finally turned on.

Once the five caught their breath, they all collapsed onto the sofas in the lounge.

"Still not the weirdest way we've offended aliens," Laki quipped.

Britney then turned to Nero "Your so-called 'lucky' jacket is going to get you killed! Every time you wear it on missions something goes wrong!"
"That reminds me, it got torn in the escape!" Nero exclaims with a frown. "Michelle could you stitch it up again please?'"
"Agh!" Britney huffed, then marched off into the kitchen.
"Absolutely not!" Michelle declared from the sofa. "Britney's right, the dang things cursed! It's a threat to all of us!"
Nero fell to his knees and began begging Michelle.

"Do you think she'll cave?" Laki asked Qadr quietly from a safe distance.
"Allah hu alem," Qadr replied.

"Michelle please," Nero said as Michelle began marching away. "You're the only one who can sew."
Michelle sighed "No, I'm not." Then disappeared through the hall.

Confused and tired, Nero slinked over to his quarters. He threw his jacket onto his chair and collapsed onto his bed, before slowly drifting off to dreamland.

When he woke up eight hours later, his jacket was no longer on his chair but on his desk. It was neatly folded and had a note carefully placed with it. "You're welcome" was written neatly on it.
Excitedly, Nero searched for the tear. instead, he found the letter "N" neatly embroidered in blue where the tear once was.

"Michelle can't embroider," Nero muttered, recalling a past conversation with her. "I wonder who did this."

Little did he know in Britney and Michelle's quarters, on Britney's desk, lay a pair of scissors, blue string and a needle.

The End