Lonely Girl

Michelle was running on the treadmill. She knew it was important to keep in shape while on this mission, 'cause you had to be fit to run away from angry mobs, and...well, they got a lot of those out here.
She also had nothing else to do, she'd already sewn up Nero's jacket for the hundredth time since they were in space there was no need to be worrying about security, and she wasn't in the mood for gardening.

She was on her own in the gym, with nothing but ancient songs to keep her company. "You've got a friend in me" was currently playing.
When Michelle reached her run's goal, she turned off the treadmill and went off to take a quick shower.
When she came out, there was still no one in the gym.
Michelle went to her quarters. Britney wasn't there.
Probably arguing with Nero, Michelle thought to herself.

She sat down in her chair and rung her friends back on Earth.
When no one picked up she checked the Earth date. It was Friday. Her "friends" were probably out partying.
Michelle sighed and went to the library. The first book that her fingers brushed was a book called 'Besties Before Anything Else!'
She pulled her fingers away quickly as if they had been burned on hot coal.
She swore.
She marched into the lounge to find Nero and Britney arguing just like she had predicted and Laki and Qadr watching an anime on the holo-TV.

"What are you two idiots arguing about now?" she asked Britney and Nero.
"I'm educating Miss Queens here about how Marvel is better than DC," Nero said matter of factly.
Britney swore at him, "DC is more superior, sure the movies are lame but the comics are gold!"
"You mean hard to understand," Nero retorted
"That's 'cause you're just too stupid to make sense of it," Britney sneered.
"If I'm stupid, how would I be the mechanic of a high tech spaceship?"
"All of you are such geeks!" Michelle exclaimed. "I can't believe I'm stuck in space with you all! My life is so unfair! We are supposed to be on a mission ya know!"
The four crew members ignored the ranting girl, too preoccupied with their own things.
"Agh!" she exclaimed then marched off in anger.
Marvel is totally better than DC! she thought to herself. (Qadr heard this mental comment but decided for the sake of finishing his episode of Black Clover that he would not say anything that would aggravate his half-sister).

Michelle went into the greenhouse room and collapsed onto a chair.
"Stuck in space as a fifth wheel, what were the chances." she sighed, turning her head sadly.

As she did, she noticed that the strawberries were ripe, and so were the grapes as well as several other fruits.
She rushed to get the fruit picking basket and started picking the sweet foods. She ended up spending hours picking every ripe fruit she could find.

After a while, the greenhouse door opened and Laki walked in. He observed Michelle for a second before laughing sweetly.
"What?" Michelle asked, swearing in the process.
"You just remind me of my wife," Laki explained. "The minute the fruit in our garden was ripe there was a picking spree, and then it was fruit salad for the entire block."
"Well, we need to save these," Michelle reminded him.
"A few strawberries wouldn't hurt anyone," he winked.
She sighed then grabbed bunches of berries and went to the kitchen to wash them.
She set the rest of the berries aside, before cutting the strawberries and placing them in a bowl. She continued cutting up the rest of the berries she'd picked, and before she knew it, she'd put together a wonderful berry fruit salad. Upon completing the dish, she left the kitchen and shared the fruit salad with the rest of the crew. An accomplished smile on her face.

The end.