Prologue - End

Her soulless yet tearful ruby red eyes stared at Tokyo's dark diamond-filled sky. Her blood-stained hand pressed down on her deep-wounded belly as she fought for her life.

With every breath she took, the open flesh hurt as if a hundred needles were piercing her. This dreadful pain was not like her harsh training with her senseis in which she would return home with back pain, sore ankles and bruises. Nevertheless, the agony of being stabbed felt like a strong blow to the back. The pain in her stomach though was not as severe as her fractured and numb heart.

Itami, the wretched and rotting bastard who she cursed with every short breath she inhaled. Artemis felt no sorrow or sadness towards his betrayal it only left a black hole spiraling in her heart. He was a just lie. A beautiful lie who had fooled her with his calm and warm personality. She cursed herself for falling for fairy tale that did not exist in the beginning.

He was the reason she started to love once more, the reason she let down her walls and let him take her out of the darkness she called home but then to stab her in the back leaving her to die all alone without turning back.

Not a minute passed and she started to lose breath, with every forced inhale her breathing became short, making it difficult for her to breath.

Artemis' hearing started to fade, she couldn't hear the cars honking or the bustling of people below her. It was all just a blur as if she was hearing underwater.

She wanted to scream out for help however no sound escaped her lips except for a dry cough as more blood came pouring down her mouth and chin, the taste of iron left on her tongue.

'Is this the end for me?' Artemis thought to herself while she was losing her consciousness. She was hoping for someone to came running through the door and seeing a dying person and call for an ambulance but deep down Artemis knew that no one was going to come and save her, not the organisation not her brother who was on complete different mission to her and definitely not God. Artemis knew she can't win this battle of life or death, not even her breathing or leaving her eyes open can save her therefore she gave up letting the grim reaper take her soul.

It upset her knowing that she was going to leave this dreadful and unfair world without seeing Daisuke's face one last time. She wanted to tell him how deeply sorry she was for not keeping her words they both promised when they were kids.

More tears came pouring down and with a slight regretful smile as she uttered the last sentence "Dear brother forgive your foolish sister"

At that moment when she nearly closed her eyes she saw someone's head hover over her. Warm tears dripped on her cold cheeks melting away the icy cold texture. Artemis felt the ache in her heart disappear the moment she laid her red eyes on the familiar brown orbs. It stared down at her with eyes filled with tears and despair. It pained her to see those handsome eyes in such state. Artemis wished she could see the handsome face of her older brother but it was only just a blob of blur to her.

"...." Artemis couldn't make out what he was saying to her and only saw his lips move while more warm tears came falling down on her. Reaching out her hand and placing it on his pale cheek, she smiled. Even if she was going to leave him all alone in this world at least she got to see him one last time.

The light in her eyes started to disappear as darkness stared to take over. The pain in her back slowly faded to be taken over by a warm sensation, this weird peaceful like quietness took over her mind making her want to close her eyes and sleep forever and never wake up. Artemis didn't fear dying because she had gotten her last wish granted but regretted she couldn't take revenge on Itami and let him pay for what he did to her.

Staring at the now dark figure in front of her she uttered with the last breath she could pull out. "Sorry". Darkness had returned to her side once again to take her home.

Daisuke watched in horror as the light in his little sisters disappeared leaving nothing but a dull colour.

"Artemis. Artemis" he mumbled under that trembling voice of his, shaking her a little to awaken her up however she didn't budge or twitch.

"No.No.NO. ARTEMIS" his eyes welled up and his throat went dry. Daisuke stared at the lifeless body in his arms, not a sign of life could be seen through her face except for a peaceful look on her expression.

More tears came pouring down his cheeks "COME BACK. STAY WITH ME. ARTEMIS" he hugged her tightly regretting for leaving her side.

Daisuke could feel warm liquid on his skin, the blood of his sister steined his hands and his clothes. "AHHHHHHH!" he let out a dreadful scream that echoed through the night.

There was an aura of grey around him. It was a fog that wouldn't rise or fade. Tears could be seen rolling heavily down his cheek, as he held Artemis in his hands. He was too numb to move or think right now as he pleaded and begged to the person up above to bring the only person that was in his life back to him. A giant hole found a permanent home in his heart. His life would never be the same. He looked like death and the consequences that came with it.

"please, don't leave me." he wept quietly stroking her long silky black hair while rocking slowly.

He laid his head on heart, waiting for a sudden heart beat "I beg of you Artemis. Don't leave me".
Gripping her soft hand he spoke one last time. "I don't want to lose another"