Chapter 24 - Sneaking in (Part 2)

I waited a couple of minutes before leaving the storage room. I ran again, I huffing and puffing already ran out stamina. "Diana, you should have gotten some exercise. You have no stamina".

I stopped slamming my back against the wall, a few men walked by without realising I was here. Once they left, I ran again. Taking a turn, I stopped when I saw the stairs leading up.

I pondered over the thought of taking the stairs and risk getting caught but I don't see another way in since I don't have any of my grappling hooks to hook on the walls and the windows don't have balconies. 'Fuck'. Nearly everyone was out for training so I guess it would be fine.

I took my chances, I leaped on the banister and leaped further up landing on the banister a few metres high. I leaped further up landing on the banister even higher then I leaped to the side, with my right leg I pushed myself to the others side I started to move side to side pushing my self higher.

I finally reached the second floor and landed silently. I was already puffed out again, I stopped to take some breath. My ankles already ached from running and leaping, my throat tasted like blood and lungs hurt.

I looked around to see swords hung upon the walls for decoration, burn out torches bolted on the walls, a few small arched windows to let some sun light in to brighten the corridors.

After taking a short break I sprinted off. I took a sharp turn to the right and came upon doors.

Time to scavenge my way through. I went to the first door, hearing no presence inside, I slowly turned the doorknob praying it wasn't lock. When I heard a click, I beamed with joy.

'Yes, it's not locked'.

I pushed it open, a cold breeze escaped the room making me shiver. I took a step in and scanned my surroundings. There was four bunk beds, two against the walls. Each made form the same plain oak wood, plain brown blankets and each having one white pillow stained with a light-yellow hue.

There was a couple of small chests in the room with the biggest being at the far front in between the bunkbeds.

I made way to the front, I bent down praying it wasn't locked. I tried prying it open, but it was locked.

"Damn it" I slammed my hand against the wooden lid of the chest. 'I guess I have to pick lock it'.

I slid out a hair pin from my hair and shoved it in the keyhole. I was a pro at pick locking.

Slowing moving the pin around it didn't take me even a minute to here a click. I took the pin out and placed it on the floor. I lifted the chest open with my weak arms, I felt like I was going to let go of the heavy lid and will fall on my fingers.

All I saw was pouches, boots, spare daggers, a couple of books, pants, and a cloak. Yes, a cloak.

I thought I had to go through all the rooms to find a cloak, but I finally found one, and it didn't even take me more then 30 minutes.

I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes 'Good sir thank you for letting me borrow your cloak. I promise to return it to you when I'm done with it, and I will reward you for you kind generosity'.

I slammed the chest shut and locked it again, so it doesn't seem someone came in here.

I got up and threw the brown cloak over shoulder, I tied the ribbons together and lifted the hood over my head to cover my face. It was kind of itchy but it had to do.

I looked out the window to see no one walking around, it look so far down anyone who jumps down could break their legs. I smirked. 'Unless you know how to land perfectly' I opened the window and jumped out. The fast breeze hit my cheeks like needles, my cloak and skirt was flying rapidly in the air before I landed in a superhero landing. Quite like a mouse.

I looked to side to side to see if anyone saw me but thank the lord no one did.

I grinned in victory.

The mission to steal a cloak was a success, and no one found out someone intruded in and stole a cloak.

I made a run for it, slipping into the trees and never to be seen again.

~Back at the dorms~

A man rummaged through the chest looking for the missing cloak he left in the chest just yesterday. His teal eyes scanned the through but found nothing.

He ruffled his messy red hair in confusion. "Odd? I swear I left my cloak here".

"What's wrong? lost your little lamby" his best friend mocked him, chuckling right after.

"Very funny Max." he rolled his eyes and slammed the chest shut.

"But seriously, did you take my cloak?" He asked Max who was leaning his shoulder against the door frame with his hands crossed waiting for his best friend to hurry up.

"No. Why would I take an old and itchy cloak" he said raising his eyebrow, his blue eyes locked with the suspicious teal eyes of his friends.

Jacob wasn't buying his friends words; Max had a habit of taking his things without his permission and never returns them but if he did it was never the same as it was before.

Max narrowed his eyes at Jacob. "Who in their right mind would take such an itchy cloak anyway. You know how many red marks I got from wearing that".

"It's not itchy or old" Jacob crossed his hands, glaring back at his best friend. "Sure, sure" he rolled his eyes.

"But still, where did I leave it?" he scratched his scalp as he searched the floor just in case, he left it there.

"Maybe some random girl waltzed in and stole" Max said sarcastically.

Jacob looked at his friend like he was some idiot. "Like you said, who in their right mind would take an old and itchy cloak"?

Max shrugged. "Meh. Maybe the girl admires you and want you to come looking for her". Jacob pondered if Max was making fun of his single statue or was being seriously.

Max eyes widened in mischief, covering his mouth with his fingers, and pointed to Jacob. "Oh wait, your to ugly for a lady liking, you virgin."

Jacob gritted his teeth and threw the closet thing came to his hand. "YOU USELESS PRICK"