Chapter 73 - Slip in

"Ma'am"

The voice interrupted my thoughts resulting me to glance back at the middle-aged man that stared at me impatiently, standing with his hands behind his back and waiting for me to leave his sight before he called in the guards.

I held back my tongue, clenching the bag strap from the anger that was bolting inside of me. "If you do not leave this instant, I won't hesitate to call in the guards to kindly take you away" he said with a firm tone as he rose an eyebrow.

"Well then sir, I will be taking my leave." I crossed my hands and titling my hips to the side. "Don't let your words come back to haunt you" I growled at him before swiftly turning around and storming my way back to where I came from.

"What are you going to do now? Are you just going to give up like that?" Homura peaked his beak from the bag. "No" I answered dead panned, my icy blue eyes scanning my surroundings.

"What re you planning on doing? You better not do anything stupid because then I will be dragged in"

"Says the one who already made a stupid decision on coming along with me" I shot back silencing Homura for a brief moment when he opened his beak to speak "I only came along to supervise you from doing anything stupid that would kill you" Homura voice squawked.

I rolled my eyes at his unbelievable answer "Sure you did" I said sarcastically. "Shut up" Homura hissed before sliding his beak back into the bag.

I sighed shaking my head in disappointment. 'Stupid bird brain'.

Taking a look behind me for precaution, the middle-aged man wasn't in the same spot as he was before but was talking with another person with papers in his hands, further away from where we were. His attention was averted to the person. I took this situation as an advantage and slipped behind two people who just walked past me.

Both seemed to be commoners of these parts, due to their silver and white hair that resembles the features a person that was born in Ventus.

I stood behind the tall man whose hair was a silver platinum that had been ruined by the breeze of the wind. His shoulder was broad and wide complementing how he worked out a lot and he wore a green jerkin over a white sleeved blouse underneath, brown pants, and boots to top it off. Just by looking from behind he seemed like a man that hasn't reached his mid-20s, yet I couldn't tell from behind.

Beside the tall man was a hunched elderly man that walked in the same pace as the man beside him with his hands clasped together behind his back. He didn't were anything different then his friend or grandson except for the jerkin the tall man wore where the old man wore a brown sleeveless tunic instead.

'I will just slip in with them without that half-evolved baboon noticing'

I stepped beside the old man away from the sight of anyone especially the middle-aged man hiding beside the tall man. "Excuse me good sirs" I said with my best old grandma voice as smiled sweetly already feeling like gagging from acting like a nice old lady.

They both turned their heads to give me a surprised look, their platinum-coloured eyes glancing me suspiciously.

"I'm sorry to have startled you both but I have an urgent need of help" I started. "May I know who you are?" the old man kindly asked observing me from top to bottom. "Oh, I must apologise for my rude manners" I said behind my hand that I hovered near to act like a shocked woman.

"My name is Alethia Smith, and I have just came from Isvand to see my grandson who works as a knight in the palace of Ventus" I introduced politely with a bow of my head and a hand to my chest. I lied to the both of them trying to hold an innocent and gracious smile on my face.