Chapter 114 - Elisaria's Cauldron

"Would ya stop staring at me like that? It's making me very uncomfortable" the witch smacked her lips, her tone dry and screechy. She looked at Ciel blankly, face bored and expressionless.

Ciel wrinkled his nose and still continued to stare at the old witch to get her even more uncomfortable so that she would give up in keeping things to herself and spill the beans about everything that is going on.

He already had enough of being thrown in the dark by this witch. He wants answers, now!

"No" Ciel answered back with narrowed eyes. "Not until you tell me what you meant earlier".

Elisaria face twisted into an angry sneer, her dark owl-like eyes glaring into those aquatic blue eyes of the keeper.

The two began to compete in a staring competition.

Elisaria's eye twitched and she grumbled annoying. The witch gave up and slammed her spoon back into her pot of porridge. "Ya stinking man of a scum" she murmured.

Ciel smiled a lopsided grin, his cheery eyes glittering with victory. He actually finally won against this witch with the power of a staring contest. Sereia tingled happily for the orange keeper, her dazzling little smile glowing vibrantly before she took a bite of her berry.

"What do ya want to know?" Elisaria question with a huff of annoyance, her accent think and long.

"Her" his tone became serious as he leaned forward, arm resting on the table. "And everything you said about this world changing or turning or whatever and this harem thing as well" Ciel added.

Elisaria leaned back against her chair, crossed arms against her flat chest and she began to inspect the man up and down. Her owl eyes revealed some sort of doubt with a mixture of confusion as if she wasn't expecting this sort of answer from the dragon keeper. Then unexpectedly she rose up, startling the man in a state of baffled confusion. Elisaria began to waddle her way towards one of her high shelves that have been bolted unevenly to the wall.

"What is she up to now?" Ciel mumbled annoyingly, crossing his hands as a gesture to show his exasperation. Sereia who had heard Ciel shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

The keeper watched with an arched brow as Elisaria mumbled frantic curse words as she rummaged through different forms and shapes of jars containing different coloured liquids of some sort of potions that Ciel did not dare to know, and books were scattered to the left or right whenever the witch wanted to search through that spot on the shelf.

"Huh! found it!" Elisaria exclaimed.

Ciel's nose wrinkled to the side and his eyebrow arched up. "I better have not wasted valuable time watching her search for her missing tooth" Ciel grumbled, and Sereia snickered innocently behind her hand from the human's snarky comment.

The witch made her way back like a waddling disabled penguin with some clenched in her fist.

"When I first encountered ya dead ass in the foot of the forest, I had assumed you to be a sort of raider, or a merchant attacked by thieves and left with nothing but death at ya doorstep" Elisaria spoke before she finally reached the table that she had left minutes before. Elisaria stared dead straight into Ciel's baffled eyes and then continued on what she was saying "but seeing the crest of a dragon keeper in the pocket of your pants I had figured you must be the keeper searching for Demarcus" she said as she threw something gold on the table that slid towards Ciel's frozen state.

Ciel's hand began to tremble, and his breath caught short. Dark oval pupils diluted and quivered uncontrollably as he examined the golden piece that laid in front of him. Small, jagged, and almond shaped object that glittered from the lights of the room. It laid on the table waiting for him to pick.