4

"So your stuck?" I laugh "in there"

"Yes" Nik growls

"No need to bite my head off" I sigh "I'll go get what's her face"

"Davina" Kol snaps

"I knew you were sneaking off every other night to see some girl" I smirk "Always did have a thing for witches....I'll send word for the little witch and then I'll go looking for Rebekah"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the middle of searching every fucking where for Rebekah's new body when I get pulled somewhere

then my brothers come into view

"What is this" Elijah asked annoyed

there's a boar, a fox, a wolf, a stag, and a shark

"It's a chambre de chasse." Kol says "A hunt room. It's where witches bring their prey for mental target practice, bodies are in the real world, laying dead on the floor, whilst our minds are in here, represented by these animal heads"

"Well....thank god that Kol likes witches" I chuckle looking around

"Lets take a wild guess as to who is the author of this nightmare" his voice raises "FINN! Show yourself"

Finn enters the room through the door

Nik goes to grab him but Kol slides in front "if you kill him we will never get out"

"And we need to get out because my body is in the middle of the street" I tell

Finn smirks

he doesn't smirk so this is weird

"At the vert least, this prison is a bit more comfortable than the box you held me in for" pause "Almost nine hundred years?"

"I mean...you could have taken charge of things yourself" I point out "I pulled my own dagger out"

Nik smiles at me pointing "The heads are a nice touch. Let me guess-" he points to the wolf "I'm the big, bad wolf" he points to the fox "Kol, the wily fox, Elijah is the noble stag, Skule is the remorselessness shark, and you, fittingly enough, are the boar! Bit obvious, as far as symbolism goes..." then looks to Finn "Why are we here? Don't tell me-- it's about Mother? I didn't force her to drink blood and betray everything she hold dear. That was her choice"

I choke "Hold up, you turned mother? WOW, I'm impressed I might have to change my favorite brother"

Finn sneers in my direction "This isn't about Mother, this is about you. I want to know how it feels to be powerless! So I'm taking the thing that matters most to you-- the city you've come to love so much"

"Why are the rest of us here then" I whine "I have better things to do"

Elijah rolls his eyes "Skule is right; are we quite done here? You will release us now"

"I will! After sundown. Because at sundown, when the marchers of Carillon Eve take to the streets, my barrier spell drops. Marcel and his hungry vampires will be unleashed to kill their way through the Quarter! I imagine that, after their atrocities, the supernatural community of New Orleans will be forced to find another place to call home." Finn informs us

Kol groans "I don't care about this city. What I care about is that my very beautiful girl is with some very hungry vampires."

"I don't care about this city either" I yawn "I care that my body is lying somewhere I won't know because you made me collapse in the middle of the road. Your fight is with them, it's not with us"

Finn smiles at us "ah, yes, our two youngest that only care about themselves"

"I tried to save you" I snap "What did that get me, Kol"

"A dead wife" he answers "I like to learn from others mistakes, so I won't be caring. Except for the fact I just say I care about a girl but don't pay no mind to fox-boy and shark-boy here"

that's when we all sit in our chairs

"So, what shall we talk about while we wait for nightfall?" he gasps mockingly "Oh! I know! Let's talk about our parents"

oh dear lord

"You know, I figured you wouldn't be kind to Mother, but imagine my surprise to learn that Mikael reserved the same fate! Bravo, brother" Nik says

"You see, the parent I was interested in talking about was your father. Your real one? I mean, you have wanted to know him your whole life, yet at the first opportunity, you murdered him! Why, I wonder?"

Kol and I glance at each other bored while those two antagonize each other

"It's a shame, really, for you to lose New Orleans. You've worked so hard to make this city a home. On the other hand, this city hasn't given you much in the way of good fortune. You have Marcel's betrayal, Father's attack, the loss of your child..." Finn continues

"You know" Kol smirks looking up at the heads "Representational magic is a very delicate thing. It has to be precise, you can't misrepresent any one of us. If you did the room would collapse"

now I'm confused

"I assure you, you have not been misrepresented" Finn says

"That depends upon how well the hunter knows his pretty" Elijah adds pointing to the stag "This façade, this illusion that i have created over the course of my life--the noble stag. It is nothing other than a deception. To myself. To everyone" then turns to Nik "If I were a truly noble brother, I would not withheld from you a vile deed. One that I, like a coward allowed Mother to erase from my memory. It was I who killed Tatia. I hunted her down, and mercilessly, I feasted upon her flesh. I tore her from us. Mother took the blame" then kneels in front of Nik "Brother, I felt certain if you knew, you would in no way forgive me"

I whistle "Wow, good for you Elijah. Killing the harlot-- Sofia would be proud"

Kol chuckles "she would throw you a party and wait till Rebekah hears"

the three ignore us like always

"The act may be reprehensible, but your admitting to it proves you to be the man I thought you to be" then Finn gestures around the room "My magic Stands"

"Does it" Nik chuckles "It turns out my brother is even more depraved than I am. He is the noble stag no longer. Indeed, another altogether different beast is creeping through the halls. And you have also failed to representation of me, because there is one thing you have never thought me capable of." he grabs Elijah "forgiveness" the room starts shaking some "You, Finn, have remained a boar for centuries, but here is where you true fault lies-- you never learnt that the bonds of family far outweigh anything else! Such bonds trump petty jealousies. They overcome family feuds. And, yes, they are capable of allowing one monster to pardon the great sins of another"

the wolf and the stag blow up

Finn smiles smugly "I only had to get two of you right" he looks at us

Kol smiles "the fox-- stands for mischief, opportunity, playfulness, agility, cleverness, and wisdom. They are above all else a lonely creature"

"Kol and I have been together forever" I say

"You left him for seven hundred years" Finn counters

"We lied" Kol reveals "About hundred years after he left we got in touch and I spent about two hundred years with him until I got daggered. I could never do anything without my better half"

the fox head burst in the flames

"You've done pretty amazing with me" I sigh "Fierceness, determination, remorselessness, efficiency, preparedness, competitiveness, grace, and style. What you didn't get is that I've given up-I wish I were dead" I get up and move to Elijah, Nik, and Kol "I am so sorry that I am a shitty brother" my Shark blows up as I turn towards Finn "Your magic is as flawed as your perception of your own siblings. I wonder...just how untouchable are you?"

we all lunge for Finn but then I return to my body

people are hovering over me