* Prolouge *

~ y/n's pov ~

~ y/n's pov ~

when i was a child i quickly realized that i was not like normal children. ugh, that sounds like i'm trying to be "quirky", i'm trying not to, really, but it's hard to write your own prologue ok! anyways, back on track. i quickly realized, at a young age, that i was faster and stronger than the other kids. when i realized, i quickly went to my father and asked him what was going on. he told me that my mother was an amazing superhero, and that she was not from around here, here being earth, and that she was an alien.

confusing stuff to talk about to an 8 year old, but ok dad. but my mother sadly didn't make it through giving birth to me. after asking my dad about my mom he went into talking about how amazing my mother was and how she helped save so many lives with her powers. he even told me that she could fly! my 8 year old self at the time tried to fly and wasn't successful. but after a few try's i got it! my dad was beyond terrified when he saw me swan dive off our roof as a child, but quickly got used to it.

after hearing all this stuff about my mother, i wanted to be just like her, and help save the people around me, i wanted to be a superhero! big dreams for an 8 year old that couldn't stay up straight while flying, but it's whatever.

when this all happened my dad made strict ground rules, like no using powers in front of people and not getting myself in danger or trying to help other superheroes. it was hard to hear that i could only use my gifts at home but it was forced heavily because my dad was worried about my safety, he expressed that. a lot. like a lot. you get the point.

being a kid and not fully understanding, it was hard in the beginning , but i quickly got used to it. i knew my dad was just worried about what would happen to me if i was some hot shot superhero like omni-man. so, i followed his rules, most of the time. sometimes i would use my powers, all the time, i used them all the time. how else am i supposed to get practice?! i just kept it secret from my dad, or tried to.
i'm pretty sure he knew i was late night flying by the way i looked the next day and that my window was always open.

but then i started high school, great. my past middle school experience was never fun. i could never join sports or most extra curricular activities because my father was scared i might accidentally expose myself. so i joined activities like reading and comic book club. doesn't exactly make a girl the most popular in the school. so going into high school, i knew i was going to be at the bottom of this hierarchy of popularity. and i was correct. but at least i was smart and not erm- to "weird" to other people. i'm mostly just quiet, just so i don't expose anything.

and now i'm here: 17, applying for scholarships and trying to grind my last year of high school to get good grades and go to a college that's good. my only friend i made since my whole high school career is this guy named william, he was in my freshman history class and decided that we were friends. he has another friend named mark but i never really have a proper conversation with him because i'm always studying. i want to though, he seems interesting. getting carried away now. i also have my friend eve! she's known me for years, even told me she was atom-eve!! i don't get to spend that much time with her though, it's sad but she also has a double life to balance.

i'm coming up near the end of my high school career. i've always been the goody-goody. never disobeying my fathers rules and studying to get scholarships. but i'm getting sick of it, i have powers and never use them to help the people in need. maybe this year i'll change that.

{ a/n }
hi!! thank you if ur reading this story! this is my first chapter and it's not amazing but i'm just trying to explain y/n without getting carried away ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ. anyways i never see any x readers for the animated invincible, only a few. so i wanted to add more to the community here!! anyways, thanks again and hope you have an amazing day!!