*it's about time (p-4)*

mark's pov:: ̗̀➛

after the harsh training session with my dad yesterday i was pretty roughened up. but, the school doesn't stop for anyone, even super-human kids, so i was off to school meeting up with william on the way. 

"jeez man. still sore from todd's thrashing?" william asked with concern laced in his voice "what's up?" 

"huh? no, i'm fine" i replied with a sulking tone. 

before we can walk clearly i see todd, well hear todd calling my name. 

"hey, mark grayson!" he yells. 

i groan internally.  he walks over with a black eye? jesus, y/n did do some work on him, speaking of which, i don't see her around. i actually had fun talking to her the other day, she actually seems like someone cool. 

"-and i don't see amber or y/n here to protect your sorry ass." todd sneered, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"todd, please just don't" i replied tiredly. 

"dont'? don't what? kick your ass again? or what? do you need a replay of last time?" he said tauntingly. 

"hit me." i replied. "go on, hit me as hard as you can" 

he threw me up against the lockers and started to punch me in the gut, and i wasn't feeling a thing. 

"again," i said "harder." 

he was about to throw another punch but then a voice called him out of his violent trance. 

"todd!" i look over to see that voice is coming from, y/n? 

"dammit," todd whispered under his breath. 

"what are you doing? still, picking fights with innocent people? do you remember what happened when you messed with my friends? or do you need a replay of last time? "  y/n replied. taking todd's words and spinning them around. 

todd let go of my shirt yelling "freaks!" while cowering away. 

a dude that big scared of y/n, who was quite smaller than him, smaller than me, might i add. she came over asking me a bunch of questions. 

"mark! are you ok? do you need help? did he hurt you as bad as last time?" she asked frantically. 

has she always been this caring? well maybe, i really only had my first real conversation with her yesterday. but she seemed... interesting. i never really knew about her existence till now, and i'm not regretting her coming up to me and william. 

"dude what's up with you?" william also asked with concern. 

"i need something to punch," i answered william "and i'm fine y/n, don't worry." 

"well dude you lost your chance, todd already ran away!" william said 

"as long as your ok, you can really take a punch! must of been someone's punching bag over the weekend." y/n replied with a smile. 

i felt my face heat up a bit, it's nice having people worry for you, especially if one of them is a cute girl, wait what? 

"you should have seen him this morning, i thought he was still beaten up about todd's thrashing" william replied to y/n. 

"yeah. or maybe falling face-first into a driveway too." y/n whispered that last part and i couldn't really make out the sentence. weird. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y/n's pov: *:・゚✧*:・゚

another day of school is over and done with. i walk into my house to see my dad watching the news in the living room. i haven't really talked to him since our fight/make-up last night. 

"hey dad, how was work?" i asked, 

"tiering, still trying to fix the gates and lawn of the white house. but, i got in touch with an old friend of your mothers," he replied. 

"an old friend of mom?" i ask, curiosity very apparent in my voice, i loved when he talked about my mother, it made me feel close to her, even though i've never met her. 

"yeah, he owns the prom dress tailor downtown," he replied. 

mom was friends with a tailor? what? i mean no offence to the woman or tailors. 

"yeah we should go meet up with him," he said getting up from the couch and grabbing the keys. 

"right now? i mean how important is he, no offence but he doesn't sound that interesting," i said. 

"oh, you'll take that back soon enough," he said with a small smirk on his face. 

we drove over to the tailors and went right in, no one was at the front desk but there was a door open with stairs leading to a dark basement that has a blue hue of light peaking through. my dad just made his way in and down the steps, waiting for me to catch up. i jog over and we go down the steps and i was met with beautifully crafted super suits in cases. and an older man looking through a small microscope. 

"was wondering when you were gonna stop by, finally letting your daughter follow in her mother's footsteps?" the older man said. 

"i can't conrtol her life anymore, she's a teenager now," my dad replied with a small smile. 

"y/n, meet art rosenbaum, the creator of your mothers super suits, well most superhero super suits" my dad said. 

"nice to finally meet you in person y/n!" art replied. 

i was in compleat shock and still looking around.

"n-nice to meet you too, always a plesent experience meeting someone that my mother knew," i replied with a small smile. 

"ah your mother was an amazing surperhero, she always came here after getting her suit pretty roughed up during battles." he said with a sad smile. "i still have hers, if you wanna try it on, or your mother being a close friend, i could also make one from scratch for y'a"

"you still have her suit! i would love to try it on!" i replied with excitement. 

"alright, here it is," he replied taking a suit out of a case. "go try it on, changing rooms are in the back." 

i took it out of his hands and went to put it on, and wow it was so beautiful, you can tell he puts his whole heart into his work. i put it on and stepped out. my dad looked at me with tears welling up in his eyes, and art was doing just the same. 

"you look just like her, kid" art said 

"thank you, its just a bit big in the waist, could we tighten that up?" i asked. 

"oh! of course kid. i'll have it back to you in a few days, how 'bout that?" art asked

"that would be amazing," i replied with a smile radiating off my face. 

{ a/n }

SURPRISE!!! two updates in one day! anyways i'm slowly revealing more of your mothers backstory, and who doesn't love art? anyways, hoped you guys enjoyed and you'll be meeting the super hero or your dreams next chapter ;).