Chapter 26: Doubts on Him

INSTEAD OF A SWORD AGAINST HER NECK, SHE SAW A BOTTLE OF BEER IN FRONT OF HER. 

"For you." He says holding it out to her. Indie stood stupefied by the foreign object in front of her. A green intricate glass bottle labeled <Beer> around the bottle. 

It was like he was fulfilling her promise from last night about wanting to drink alcohol. 

'Huh??? Am I imagining things..?' Indie couldn't believe her eyes. More like, she thought she was dreaming. Reaper was giving her a bottle of alcohol? 'No w-way... he must have poisoned it.' 

Surely, he must have. He must have been planning on getting rid of her quietly since there were already too many murders in the city. If she died on the Church grounds- the Church and Aristocratic Faction would start to suspect each other. 

'If he can kill innocent children of the rich- he could no doubt kill me.' 

"...do you perhaps not want this?" He asks wanting to pull away his stretching hand. "Or were you expecting  a skull of a live human being?" 

"A-ah..." Indie blinked twice and then pointed at herself: "Y-you brought this for me?" 

"IF you don't want this, it's fine-I'll toss away this fine bottle of Alcohol-" Reaper shrugged and attempted to put it away. 

"N-no no-! I m-meant whether you brought this for me or not?" 

Reaper stared at the DUMB mortal in front of him. If this bottle of heavy alcohol was not for her, then who was it for?

None of his men were allowed to drink because drinking slowed their reflexes from attacks. And Reaper didn't like the stench of any heavy liquor. 

"...the city was in Lockdown and knowing how crazy your antics are- I brought this for you the night before just in case anything bad happened." 

'Excuse me? My crazy antics?!' Indie resisted the urge to glare at this man. 

"No, I very much appreciate your present." Indie smiled at him and yanked the Beer bottle out of his hand. "Thank you for considering me and my so-called 'crazy' antics," 

"This is an eventual payback to all of the delightful experiences of 'cake' you made me have," Reaper said casually with his crimson eyes dilating. 

'D-delightful e-experiences of chocolate cake?' Indie sweated heavily. 'Sh*t this isn't good.' 

"Hahaha- I see that you find these experiences very d-delightful-  I-I'm v-very much glad." Indie said with a twitching laugh. "I-I think I'll also find this bottle of alcohol- v-very excruciating with p-"(Pain) Indie didn't dare to finish the last sentence. 

"With what?" He asked. 

"P-pleasure, with pleasures, sir." She barely squeaked. 

"Ah, yes. I  hope you find this bottle, filled with your 'pleasure'" 

'Ah Sh*t. He wants revenge, doesn't he? I'm not drinking this bottle of beer.'

"A-anyhow, where did you disappear last night?" Indie asked him, switching the topic. "I was worried that you'd be caught with your 'crazy' antics. Especially because of the lockdown, and the tight security." 

"Oh, that? Those fools were foolish than donkeys." Reaper said, squinting his eyes when he heard the word 'crazy antics' being passed right back at him. "The city might be in Lockdown, the guards and security might have doubled- but-" 

Reaper took off his black dark cloak to reveal an official Knight armory and robes. "I'm one of them right?" 

'Oh sh*t. He had the world so easily fooled. These criminals are damn smart-'