Chapter 27: Desperate Talk

INDIE WAS MORE THAN DESPERATE TO SURVIVE ANY OF THIS. Clenching her fingers she walked around the Cathedral right after Reaper had left. After she bit her lips- she only knew one thing: She had to do more begging to survive. 

F*ck. What should she do next? Move onto the next mission and keep Priest Hessen from suspecting her when he already loathes seeing her? Indie rubbed her head. She was going crazy. 

'How do I keep Priest Hessen not suspect me once the tension between the Aristocratic faction and the Holy Order start? The suspect would be none other than the Cardinal, because he took credit at the Clergy meeting. But wouldn't this be a disadvantage since Priest Hessen already suspects me?' 

When Indie returned back to the Solstice Manor in a carriage, she saw a familiar figure sitting in the carriage.

"B-brother?" She called. "W-why are you here?" She stared at the figure, sitting composed while biting his lips. 

"Indie? Oh, yes I thought this was a perfect day to escort you." Her brother coughed as she sat down. 

"?" Indie looked at him weirdly and knew something was up. Once the coachman closed the carriage door, Indie's brother looked at her with a sharp glance and said: 

"The coachman is a Aristocratic Faction member and one of us, don't worry Indie." He said putting his finger to his lips. Indie looked at him, raising her eyebrows while saying: 

"What do you mean?" 

"The Faction cannot trust the Holy Order anymore, isn't it obvious?" Indie's brother said. "Didn't you hear that- the murder is a rebellion caused by the Holy Order, trying to show off their powers and threaten us?" 

'Oh, it seems that the tensions are indeed rising.' 

"A-ah yes, b-brother-" Indie nodded. 

"Indie, if this continues- you and I will be in danger, don't you realize? You are part of nobility and you are part of the Holy Order." Her brother said. Indie paused when she realized this obvious statement. 

"-t-then?" 

"Indie, I want to ask you a question- whose side are you actually on? Whose spy are you? The Holy Orders or the Aristocratic Faction. Choose. If you don't- you will be killed for being a double agent." Her brother warned her with a cold look. 

"..." Indie stared at him silently. He was threatening Indie. Clearly, he didn't trust her. 'Once the conflict between the Aristocratic faction and the Holy Order arises, I have to choose a side...' 

"Choose Indie. Your life lies on your loyalty." Her brother warned her again.  

***

***

'F*ck My life.' 

Indie looked dead. Her entire life was thrown out of the window today. She clenched her fists. W-why? Why is this happening to her? It seems as if she had overestimated herself. She had put her own life in danger.  

She had thrown herself into the gigantic bed once she got into her massive and almost empty bedroom. 

'Can I just choose no one?' Indie thought as she opened the bottle of beer. She was too naive. Not only did she endanger herself more by playing this game, but she also should have never come to the Capital. 

'Should I run away? How far can I run? Who will chase me?' She rubbed her forehead. She had to pick a side now. Between the Aristocratic Faction and the Holy Order, the villains of the novel- who would she chose?