Chapter 11: The Curse (1)

"Indie! W-How did you-?" the man said, Indie squinted her eyes through the snow to see the man, she tried not to roll her eyes. She seemed surprised that so many people actually know this Original Owner's body. 

'Gosh... how annoying. Now, who are you?!' 

"Ah... Um-" before Indie could talk, the man came closer and embraced Indie without any advance notice. Indie flinched in the air but saw familiar peach dusty hair that belonged to Indie. 

'R-relative?' 

"It's cold outside inside, isn't it? Come inside! How could you come here without telling me?! Father will be angry if I left you out in the cold! Mother is anticipating your return!" The man said grabbing Indie's arm. 

The guards stiffened after hearing what the man said. "S-sir!" 

"Everyone, let us pass!" the man said. Suddenly rustling was heard, and Indie saw gigantic iron gates opening like a drawbridge over a gigantic moat. 

Indie's eyebrows raised, her mouth gawked as she watched this majestical sight with her own two eyes. She never knew that it could happen! It wasn't like this in the novel at all! To think there was a moat here, and the gate to the Drawbridge. 

"This is a newly invented Drawbridge we established weeks ago. Works don't it? You need an infinite amount of manpower and labor work to open it. You need also a code to open the machinery inside. It is only I, and a few others who know about the code." 

Indie kept the knowledge in the back of her mind. Hopefully, it could count as some information for Reaper. 

"...what is the code?" Indie mumbled. 

"Hmm? Code? I can't tell you...at least not here," the man winked at her, seeing that everyone was watching them. Indie flinched at his reaction. The man grabbed the briefcase from her hands and headed inside the drawbridge. 

'I guess it can't be helped, at least I get to go and get a free VIP ticket without an Identity Check. I have zero information about that. Guess the Head Church is being too overprotective about themselves while letting other commoners and people suffer without food. What hypocrites.'

Indie followed him in and saw a majestical snow city, like you would find in Victorian Eras. Large cathedrals, towers, mansions, buildings, and castle sized houses. It felt like she stepped into her Childhood Disney Land. 

"What happened?" the man said raising his eyebrows. "Get into the carriage, we're heading home." Indie looked to see the man was waiting on with a life-sized real carriage. 

'Ha! Finally a real ride after a twisty one! I am never riding a Wagon again! Indie are you actually this rich?'

"C-coming," Indie stared inside to see her Disney dreams come true. Indie stepped inside and sat down in a comfortable seat, cushioned, and soft. Unlike the bumpy carriage ride, it was much neater.

But suddenly all her happiness faded away when the man named Brother sat right across her.

Silence strode in the carriage. 

"...so... why did you take a Wagon here?" 

"Uh... I- ran out of money..." 

Suddenly a sneer came from the other party. "Ha!"

Indie looked up to see the man in front of her chuckling. Indie inwardly frowned. Unlike Sir Aven's chuckling, which was sincere and soft, this man seemed to be dissing her.

'The hell is up with this r*tard... he seems to criticize me quite well! If you know something, then speak up!' 

"Oh Indie, you could have asked for more, couldn't you?" 

"Ah... well that is, how will you import so many valuables across the Continent?" Indie said.  

"Oh, it's fine." the man said looking out the window. "Everything is getting troublesome. Those barbarians... tch! Did you get father's letter?" 

Not understanding what he previously said, Indie decided to play ignorant and answered: "Yes..." 

"Did you burn it away?" 

"Yeah," Indie lied while remembering the letter she hid away deep inside her kitchen counter. Hopefully, Reaper does not find that and ask for an explanation. She didn't know what half of it was about! 

"Good. Father is really pressed. The Church is asking for more support." 

"Hmm..."

'There seems to be a Father, a Brother who works for the Church... how troublesome... this entire family works for the bad guys!'

"..."

"Did Jason come along? That bastard redhead is getting really annoying isn't he?" the man called 'Brother' said.

'Oh... they seem to know Jason really well... he also works for the Church...'

"That blasted man! Who does he think he is?! Just because he is the Cardinal's nephew doesn't mean he looks down on the Solstice Family!"

"..."

'Jason is the Cardinal's nephew?! Isn't the Cardinal, a minion of the Villain-?!'

In the novel, the Cardinal was the fourth in command after the Pope and the Saint, who was the ultimate villain all along. The Cardinal was a fallen noble, and ever since he worked for the Church, he looked down on the other aristocrats. Especially the Patrician Party Nobility.

Does that mean that Jason is also a fallen noble?! Indie sighed, it didn't matter anyway. It would have nothing to do with her in the future. But the fact that Jason and the Original Indie were close meant that Indie would have to be a higher post. 

The Cardinal's nephew huh? That's some high status. Original Indie must be the same status as him then. She sighed. 

"...Indie...do you remember?" the silence in the carriage began to be obvious. Indie stared at the Brother. His peach pink hair, green sharp eyes that reminded her of Original Indie. 

"..." Indie didn't reply to anything. She doesn't remember anything. She ISN'T even Indie!

"Do... you remember what Mother told you about 'That'?" 

Indie raised her eyebrows. 'That?' She had a deja-vu that she has heard that term somewhere. But where?! Was it in the letter that Indie's Father sent? 

Recalling the letter that "Her" so-called Father had sent over the Continent, Indie didn't say anything. She doesn't even understand why they make it sound even more suspicious. 

"..." 

"Father told me yesterday." 

"..." 

"...your scar...is a curse isn't it?" 

The atmosphere got colder than sticky feet. The temperature dropped below Antarctica's climate. Indie's mind jingled everywhere. She remembered the scar that she found in Indie's body. 

It used to remind her of Harry Potter and Reaper X as Lord Voldermort. 

'If I could have only had a wand and flying broom to fly away!' 

"You were born special." 

"..." Indie gulped down all the questions. How can a curse be related to the Letter? Is that why the Church was making Indie work like a dog? Is it because she has a curse she needed to get rid of?  

"...tell me," he whispered, as he approached Indie's ears and whispered: "You have powers, don't you? Holy Powers?" 

"...huh?" Indie said loudly as he dropped the bomb. H-holy Powers?! 

'Oh, I get it! It's Harry Potter's rewrite, isn't it?! It's a freaking scar with magical powers!'