Chapter 7: Frigus

Nevaeh stared out the entrance, not daring to take her eyes off the Saurium. The Saurium was staring right back at her. Nevaeh began to panic, what if the Fluffy Raptor never left? Surely she couldn't just play the waiting game the entire time, although she was determined to. She began to feel tired, though, her eyes became heavier and heavier.

     The Saurium chirped, as if to lure her into a false sense of security. Both kinds of dragons were fairly smart, responding to their names, solving puzzles, and the slight chance of learning to read or say a few words. But with being smart comes a whole new problem, they know their enemy, dodge well, and the most fearful one, creating a believable false sense of security.

     "Those people made monsters, we're all gonna die." Nevaeh whispered to herself. She knew nobody could hear her but the Saurium outside, but it was a reserved comment. She didn't want to doubt the dragons, and she feared that if she shared her momentary thoughts with other people, she'd be reminded of it until the day she died.

     It was getting colder, as night fell more harshly. Although the nights were fairly short, they were still cold. With the sun essentially being sped up, the other side of the Earth is left with extreme cold, often resulting in not night rain, but night snow. Nevaeh couldn't possibly imagine what it would be like if there was a snow world.

     She shivered, thinking. What will happen if I die? Will Chirp be okay? Nevaeh thought. She wanted to shake off the grim feeling, but it latched onto her brain like a leech.

     The thought of Chirp being trapped inside his pod until the end of time made her uneasy.

-----

(a/n: Once again, sorry for the short chapter, I'll fix it in editing.)