Chapter 11: Num Infantile

I burst my fragile nose out of the egg's shell, followed by my claws to pry it open. I kicked my legs out of the shell to break it more, allowing me to leave the shell. The sudden amount of light was painful, my nose hurt as well. I hissed, and moved my head underneath my arm, lacking primary feathers.

     Another baby dragon walked up to me and licked my head passively. I hissed once again, hoping they'd get the point of 'let me be alone for once'. The other dragon backed away and was picked up by something. My eyes had mostly adjusted to the daylight, and I could see there was another dragon in the room.

     It looked like a Rocirus, judging by the head and body shape. I moved my head up and my eyes painfully adjusted to the light. I stretched my legs and flexed them, then moved them closer to me to stand up. When I stood up, I immediately fell over. If I can't stand up and run soon, I could be hurt.

     "Please, don't hurt me." I said, knowing I most likely wouldn't stand up in time. I felt like I was beaten to a bloody pulp, and they would finish me off. The other baby and the Rocirus looked at me in confusion.

     "Why would we do that?" The adult asked me. I laid in silence, I didn't know how to explain it. I just felt like I would be killed on the spot, like I shouldn't be alive right now.

     "I- I don't know." I answered honestly. I could feel them judging me silently. I faced my nose to the hardwood floor in shame.

     "Don't worry, we won't, I apologise if we made you feel like that." the adult said. "I'm Chirp, and this is Seaweed."

      Seaweed smiled and nodded their head in agreement. I didn't know what to do. It felt awkward just being there.

     I tried to stand up again, this time successful. I looked around, there was the outside, right there, an escape. I darted towards it, my feet stumbling. Then I hit something. It was like an invisible barrier, I couldn't get through. I was trapped here, with these strange dragons.

     My head started to hurt. The unknown figure walked over to me and picked me up, my tail flicking in annoyance. They started speaking to me in a foreign language. I was confused, yet oddly calm. They took me over to a table where I was set down next to Seaweed. Chirp walked over to where I was.

     "Are you okay?" he asked me.

     "Of course." I replied. My head started hurting more.

     "Are you sure, or do you just have different colored fur on your head?" Seaweed said, proceeding to chuckle. I put my hand on my head then pulled it away to check. I was bleeding from my head, only a little bit though. I wondered why I didn't feel it, then felt my head again. I had accidentally broken the skin between my head and my premature horns. They were already really sharp. At least my horns already planned on coming out early.

     I pulled my hand away and looked at it. It looked so familiar, yet so strange. Something about walking on two legs instead of four was so foreign to me. I noticed my fur donned the colors Gold, Swallowtail, and Poppy. Seeing those colors felt calming to me, I'm not quite sure why though. It was like I'd gotten a breath of oxygen after an hour of being underwater.

     "Huh." I said, not entirely out of thought. Seaweed became a Juvenile, yet still laying on the table. Seaweed almost buckled the table with the added mass, the human's eyes went wide as she walked over and guided Seaweed to one of the chairs. The human had a plate of cut up apples, she then set them down on the table. I sniffed the apples, they smelt good enough to try, so I did. They weren't the best, but not the worst either. Seaweed ate some too. The human said something that I didn't hear, I instinctively nodded my head.

     I then realised that my name was now Sunny.