Chapter 7

A/N: As of 3rd May 2021 I've changed the face claim to Gabriella Wilde, I just felt she fit what I imagined more. Again feel free to imagine whoever!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I blink my eyes open, adjusting to the light seeping through the blinds as the sun begins to rise.

I roll out of bed, with a groan, and quickly get dressed into some clothes.

I take a look at my shoulder in the mirror and my injury has got a bit better overnight

I take a look at my shoulder in the mirror and my injury has got a bit better overnight. It is still red and sore, a bit like a burn would feel like, but nothing I couldn't handle. 

I quickly put on some tinted moisturiser to help cover up my acne scars, one of my greatest insecurities, and some waterproof mascara. I went to my jewelry box and open it to get my necklace when something catches my eye. 

I pick up the bracelet and my breath catches. 

"Close your eyes" JJ instructs softly

I giggle softly, but do as he says.

He gently takes a hold of my hand, making a small shiver go down my spine. If he notices he doesn't mention it. 

I feel something soft scrape across my wrist, and with one last tug I hear a sigh from JJ. 

"Okay, open." 

I open my eyes and they immediately go to the little friendship bracelet lying on my wrist.  Its green and blue and in the middle there is a white shell with a 'J' engraved on it. 

I can't contain the smile that makes its way onto my face.

"I know it's not much, but I thought that it would look nice. I got one of the tourons to help teach me how to make them."

My eyes snap to his in disbelief. He made this? 

A look of nervousness and embarrassment crosses his face and he puts his hands behind his head. 

"You hate it don't you. God, I knew I should've got something else but I jus-" 

In a rare moment of confidence, I throw my arms around him cutting him off and I can feel him physically relax as he reciprocates my hug. 

"It's perfect Jay. I love it" I whisper in his ear. 

"Happy birthday sunshine" he whispers back as I sigh in happiness. Real, true happiness. 

I snap out of it, drop the bracelet back in the jewelry box and make my way over to the door, not bothering to grab my phone seeing as there was no service anyway. 

As I enter the kitchen I see India leaning on the countertop looking at some papers. 

"Where'd you go yesterday?"