longer than one direction's hiatus

hajime was up before you the next morning and was on his phone while rubbing your back. you were laying on top of him and the blanket was thrown over both your bodies.

you moved a little bit and hajime put his phone down and your hand found his. he smiled when you held his hand even his in your sleep.

"i love you."

he brushed his hand against your face and kissed your forehead. he softly pushed you off him and onto the bed.

after going to the bathroom he went to the kitchen to make breakfast. he settled with cookies. a good enough breakfast.

while his back was turned, you were waddling your way into the kitchen. your arms wrapped around his waist and your face pressed against his back.

"i love you too."

hajime froze and slowly turned around. "repeat that please."

"i love you." you said and moved your arms to wrap around his neck. he seemed to be in a state of shock so you started placing kisses all over his face.

"do you need new batteries?" you asked and patted his chest. you kissed his lips softly and that seemed to break him out of his shocked state.

"i think i just got recharged." he said and held your waist. "how'd you get out here?" he glanced down at your legs.

"i had to crawl through the darkest depths of hell and the scorching desert just to get out here to you."

"should've just called for me." he said and grabbed your jaw with one hand, tilting it up.

"then i wouldn't be able to surprise you." you said and closed the gap between you two.

hajime's kiss was different from the others. it was more calm, but also desperate and demanding at the same time.

your hands were in his hair, pulling his face closer to yours. he leaned against the counter and pulled you to stand between his legs. "waited so long to fucking say that." he said against your lips.

"then why'd you wait?"

"well i don't think texting "hey i love you" while we were broken up would be a good thing to do." he answered and pulled away. you reached behind him and grabbed the ring pop from yesterday.

"it would've depended on my mood." you took the wrapper off and slid the ring into your finger.

"hey!" the door flew open and reiji walked in. "clothes on?" he covered his eyes.

"no, we're both standing here naked with the curtains wide open." you answered and stuck the ring pop into your mouth.

hajime draped his arm over your shoulders and picked up a cup of coffee in his other hand.

"that's weird even for you two." reiji said and removed his hand from his eyes. "well i'm guessing you're back together."

"how'd you guess?" you asked.

"definitely not hajime's shirt that's now on you, him being shirtless, your ring pop, his arm, um your... necks."

you looked up and hajime lifted his head up to drink his coffee. there were hickies scattered all over his neck and you were sure yours looked the same.

"moving on!" reiji said and walked back out the door. hajime's hand moved up to your neck and poked it.

"what are you doing?" you asked.

hajime's eyes flickered to your mouth, neck, and then eyes. "admiring what i did yesterday." he said and lightly kissed one of the purple marks on your neck.