𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

" I'm not yours, "

- N.V.D

"WHY DO YOU GET TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?"

Natasha whined, shrugging the thin silks over her shoulder. Kaz had left her in the alcove of a corner, turning minutes later with the costume of a fawn and the Druskelle army uniform. He didn't bother with decency, as he quickly stripped himself of the prison tunic.

Natasha did the same, keeping her gaze low. Despite its length, the silks weren't enough to fully cover her long legs. Natasha cursed as she bent down to tie the ribbons on her shoe, the wind smacking her back playfully.

"I'd look a bit stupid wearing silks," Kaz hissed, adjusting the cloak across his shoulders. The cloak's pads were too broad, sticking off his frame like extra shoulder blades. "I feel dumb enough wearing this," He pushed a tall hat over his eyes, digging his arms into the side pockets.

"You look fine," Natasha sighed. She rearranged the sticky curls of her hair until it looked somewhat presentable. "I look like I walked out a tumble with seven men," Natasha grimaced, catching the lip liner Kaz tossed in her direction.

"The rougher you look the better," Kaz shrugged, watching her use the frosted window as a mirror. "People will pass you by with a sneer," His eyes lingered over her insecure frown. She was beautiful in every essence. 

"And that's a good thing?" Natasha said, her mouth wide. Kaz stepped in front of her with swift steps, angling his thumb to rest on her lower lip. His burnt coffee eyes stared at Natasha's mouth as Kaz smudged her lipstick with his thumb.

A cold fire crept through his skin, the water rising around him at a dangerous pace. But there was Natasha, his sun in the darkness of the universe. The water fell around him, the curious furrow of her brow erupting a gentle laugh to ring in his mouth.

"Obviously," Kaz scoffed. "I wouldn't want people looking at what is exclusively mine," He dropped his thumb from the corner of her mouth. His face a shadow of indifference. His hand burnt from where he had touched her. He looked down at his thumb expecting to see blood. An infliction of damage. An excuse, for the monster he was.

"I'm not yours," Natasha said, crossing her arms over her chest. The silks stuck against her body, moving with the elegance of gentle waves on a harbour. Her eyes were silver pearls, shining brighter than the glossed walls of the Ice Palace.

"Really?" His voice rose in mocked amusement. Kaz's bare thumb traced over Natasha's bottom lip. And He couldn't stop himself. The water rose at an aching pace, submerging them both beneath the murky waters of the Reapers Barge.

But Natasha Van Doren was his oxygen, breathing life directly into his lips. His other hand curved around her waist, pushing her closer to his front. Thick tension burned like incense between the two. His hand slipped beneath the thin silks, caressing her bare neck.