𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙨

Muzan asked simply, yet the answer wasn't

The (skin color) on the demon just shivered. He made him sick..

He couldnt stand this now. Not any longer than he needed. With those upper ranks hating him and also Notei being alone. He had to decline.

Thankfully.

"I believe I will have to decline Muzan. I cannot leave Notei alone. Also I do not trust your little underlings on bit. They attacked me in my home on my land. Why must I give the pleasure of being near them after all that has happened."

Muzan sighed and moved his raven locks away from his porcelain face. He was correct. 

"Fine. But what if you come to an upper moon meeting? Or we can arrange another session between us there. I do believe if this deal can work we must be around each other as much as possible."

'I'd rather not..'

"Fine then. But Notei comes with me. She cannot be alone."

Muzan eyes locked on the little demon girl. He narrowed them. Something seemed off..

"Is she your sister?"

The archer's eyes widen.

"Yes. Yes she is."

"Fine then, she can come too, I'll have someone entertain her while we are of ourselves." Within a snap two weaker demons appeared and held out gifts to Notei. The little girl looked toward her master. He nodded and allowed it. 

For now..

Within a flash the demon king was gone within the night.. leaving the two alone once again..

"papa..why is he weird?"

"I do not know Notei..I truly do not know.."

🏹🏹🏹

Gyuutarou sat on plush pillows as he listened to three upper moons argue about how to deal with the archer demon. He and Douma were playing a card game. They didn't care..

Well almost.

It made the demon think.. Who was the archer and why was he so hated? Why does this matter? It wasn't that Gyuutarou wanted to harm or hurt the demon he just wanted to understand the fuss about him.

"Oi? What re you staring at?" Akaza called as Gyuutarou was staring right beside his head. He jumped out of his thought and mumbled something. He continued to play the game with Douma despite he was cheating.

Again.

"I win! Nice try Gyuutarou-dono!" Gyuutarou rather than get made got up and said he needed to tend to something. Daki didn't mind it. Ever him not defending her when Douma told her off about that failed mission, she didn't care what he did. Rather she ignored him.

He was used to it.

Nakime opened the dors to him to go out into the night. The sun would be up in about 8 hours. So enough time to explore and do as he pleased. The upper rank six jumped building and building leading him to now where in specific.

He didn't have anywhere to go or belong.

Honestly Gyuutarou felt out of place with the rest of the upper ranks. He wasn't like them. He felt uglier than them and felt like his sister was liked more. 

Despite him being the stronger body.

You couldn't really do anything against a beauty like her. What could you say? 'I'm just as good, I'm just uglier to the eye.'

He shook his head, until he noticed a little girl in a river basin about to be swept away. Thinking maybe be nice once you might have a ticket to heaven. No really but a good try.

He jumped down into the near bye tree. The little girl was..washing clothes? Expensive ones..too. She must have been a house servant or slave. Gyuutarou knew the pain of over working and trying so hard for your family. He broke his back just for Daki and his "beloved" parents.

He scowled at the mere mention of them. Glad he could not remember them anyhow.

The little girl was humming a small tune, so bus washing one of the cloths she forgot the one beside her. It was slowly moving down from the grass into the water, about to be washed away. 

Gyuutarou being nice used his sickle to stop it. As soon as his presence was known he decided to be nice and try not to scare her too much.

"Here..you dropped it.." The little girl looked at him, he was covering his face? Why? Gyuutarou also realized, she was a demon.

"Why are you covering your face? Are you hurt?!" She stood up and waddled to the taller demon. Giving him a tap on the elbow. Gyuutarou forgot children can be cruel..

But just as nice and innocent. 

How did this one turn to a demon?

Just as he was gong to offer her the cloth back and say he was too ugly to be seen, an arrow was shot right beside him. So strong it knocked the tree over. 

While he jumped the little girl went to pick up the arrow, and look towards the direction it came from.

"Papa! He was nice!"

Gyuutarou looked up to see who this 'papa' was. A human? Not this strong it had to be..

"Upper rank six..here to come and take my life or my child's? How harrowing?"

The archer demon..

He was standing in front of the upper rank. The one everyone hated and wanted dead..

Was a father?

"Papa!"