Part 15- A Killer

Adalina's POV.

I got into math class and took my seat as usual. Everyone was waiting for the teacher to come and start the class.

A few minutes later, our teacher came as she started taking attendance.

"Adalina, Aslan" she calls for our names.

"Here" I confirmed.

Hold on, why did she said our names together?

"Both of you, have been absent for at least three times in my class...that leads me to have no choice but to dismiss you from my class today and send you guys to do some chores" she explained.

Ya Allah! How is this possible? I thought my absents were verified.

We're they not? Ugh.

Aslan got up and left the class immediately. I got up later on and left the classroom as well.

As soon as I got out, I saw him leaning against the wall on my right side. He almost scared me.

I pretended like he wasn't there and kept walking as he followed.

"Don't get too close" I whispered. I saw him slowing his pace to let me be first.

"Stop right there" we both heard a female voice.

I turned around and saw Zahara coming our way. Aslan was looking at her confused.

She came to him and grabbed his arm.

"Let's go" she said as she dragged him with him.

Why didn't he stop her?

I followed them as we made our way to the janitor's office. I can't believe this. I already cleaned the whole house with ammi jaan during the weekend and I will have to clean the school as well?

We made it to the janitor's office. We stood in front of the old looking man in his blue cleaning uniform. He was staring at us in a weird way.

"Grab some cleaning tools from here and then start by cleaning the gym and then get outside to clean the field" he ordered before eyeing us up and down and then leaving the room.

"I can't believe I'll have to clean" Zahara was complaining.

"Then why don't you go back to class?" Aslan asked her.

She held on his arm tighter.

"I'm not leaving you anywhere" she said.

Why is she being this way? And why isn't he telling her to let go of him?!

Hold on, am I being...jealous right now?

There's no way I could be !

I grabbed a mop and a bucket as well. I dragged it out with me and made my way to the gym leaving these two alone.

I just need to finish cleaning and then I can go back to class. Let's finish this fast!

I got into the gym and started mopping the whole place. I was trying to do it fast and well.

Aslan and Zahara came in a few minutes later. She had a big garbage bag and a broom with her while he was holding a sponge mop.

I saw them talking to each other before she made her way inside the physical teacher's office to clean it I guess. Meanwhile, Aslan joined me to clean the floor.