Part 23- Bad Butterflies

Adalina's POV.

The next day, as I woke up my eyes were searching for him but he wasn't here.

He left last night, in the middle of the night and he's still not back. I asked him where he was going and all he said was that duty was calling him before leaving.

Without wasting too much time thinking, I got out of bed and got ready for the day.

Today, I have an online meeting with Jan. When I was about to quit the company, Laila's brother was eager to find out a way to make things work and for me to still work for him somehow.

Therefore, yesterday when he called me it was to let me know about a new program he wanted me to take part in that his company is hosting. I immediately agreed and today, I need to meet him online to discuss further more on this matter.

Once I was done showering and getting ready, I made my way to the kitchen to make myself some ice coffee and simple breakfast.

I opened my laptop and was scrolling through my Instagram while waiting for the meeting that was to start soon and also while enjoying my breakfast.

Although, I was trying to not think too much about Aslan I just couldn't stop myself from it.

Where is he?

What is he doing?

Is he okay?

Where could he possibly go to?

Right after my meeting with Jan, I hanged up as I heard the doorbell ring.

Could it be Aslan? Why would he ring at his own place?

Even though I found it really odd, I still got up and went to see who it was. My mistake was to forgot about checking the cameras to see who it was before opening.

The moment I opened the door, I met with Fazal. I know that he's alive now, but it still feels so weird to see him standing in front of me still breathing.

It took me a few seconds before I was about to close the door back but he stopped me.

In a sudden way, he got inside without my permission and closed the door behind.

"We need to talk" he stated.

"Get out, I have nothing to say to you" I said folding my arms.

"Adalina... I know you're upset..I heard everything you said to Ayla that day" he said.

No way! So, he knows I made a big fool out of myself. I feel even more embarrassed now.

"So what? I still choose to not talk to you" I said.

"Please,can you just give me a chance to explain myself...I promise my intentions are just to clear the air between us..you were such a good friend to me back then and you still are..I've never forgotten about you" he said.

"I don't have anything to say to you...good, you're alive and that's great...I can finally sleep peacefully now" I said turning around because I didn't feel like facing him.

"Now that you're married to Aslan, I can finally explain to you everything that I couldn't back then" he proceeds to say.

"I'm guessing that you saw guns, you saw them beating me up right? Well, yes all of that happened...but it was a fake scenario that we created to save me from trouble, my life wasn't bright back then and Aslan as well as his friends helped me out-"

"So you admit that you guys use guns?...I don't even know what I should be asking you Fazal? You guys kill people?" I couldn't help myself from turning to him and ask him.