Part 17- Better Place

Adalina's POV.

3 years later

"ADALINA! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE AGAIN!!"

Ugh...I rubbed my eyes with no intentions of waking up today.

Can't I sleep just a bit more?

Azaan was yelling my name for about five minutes now.

I finally got the courage to get up out of bed and make my way to the bathroom to fresh up.

In ten minutes, I was all ready in my light baby pink suit and black high heels. For final touch up, I added some light makeup and my matching hijab as well.

I grabbed my books, my bag and made my way downstairs.

These past three years, so much has happened. From trying to fit in to forgetting my past.

I have met new people, worked part time jobs and changed my lifestyle completely. I've lost so much weight. I don't look the same at all.

I had an eating disorder for about a year before seeing a doctor and fixing my bad habits. It was a hard path but everything is better now.

Now, I can finally feel confident and comfortable in my own skin. Alhamdullilah.

I did my two full years in college and now I'm near the end of my last year. I studied in the field of personal assistance and business but I also have a part time job of a storyteller.

I do recordings for books, adds, tv shows. I never thought I'd do such a thing until I met an amazing human being, Laila.

We met at college. She approached me first and we connected immediately. She's from Turkey and we love to talk about Turkish drama and Turkish man.

She's two years older me. Just like a big sister to me I would say. She's pretty tall. She had brown light eyes and she dresses really well. She takes care of people like they are her own. She's a very caring and nice person.

Her and I are absolutely crazy. And I'm not complaining about it.

Her older brother, Jan is the manager of the company of storytelling and book edition. I needed a part time job that pays well immediately because I wanted to pay for my own classes instead of depending on my brother.

She introduced me to Jan and he accepted to let me in. And that leaded to me absolutely loving it. Sometimes, I'm invited to schools, parties and so on to read for kids.

It's something that I really enjoy.

Since I'm almost done with college, I need to find an intern job. I need to work for at least a month in any company to see if I can manage to do the job well. A company already called me last week for an interview. That's why I'm dressed formally or else I would simply dress like a normal student.

I skipped breakfast because I'm already running late. I was at the entrance of the penthouse about to leave when Azaan stopped me.

"You forgot this" he said giving me my CV.

How could I forget that?!

"Ya Allah, thank you so much!" I thanked him.

"See you later for diner?" he asked.

"See ya at diner! Khudafees!" I said leaving.

I was out now as the sun was shining on me. I feel like it's going to rain later on in the day but we'll see about that.

I opened my brother's car which is a white Jeep and hoped in. I started the car and then made my way to school.

I have one class of three hours to attend and then my interview comes an hour later. I'm a bit nervous but I'm also excited.