Book One: Chapter 20

Huntar and Zena pulled out their weapons and charged toward Horde. The big ape-man raised his hammer and slammed into the stone floor, sending a lightning bolt toward them.

Zena tripped after the lightning hit her hoof feet, but Huntar jumped over it. He landed in front of Horde and rolled away, dodging Horde's hammer.

The ape missed as Huntar scrambled to his feet. He raised his sword and swung it toward Horde's exposed neck.

The ape-man held up his hammer and blocked Huntar's sword.

After Torag helped Zena up, he glared at Horde and charged toward the big ape. "Torag!"

When Horde turned toward the rhino man, Torag rammed into Horde, pushing him to the floor.

With his chance, Huntar jumped on Horde and pointed his blade at Horde's neck.

"You are finished!" Huntar shouted.

Horde growled and tossed the lion man off him.

When he got up, Zena jumped and kicked Horde's face. He got dizzy, but he shook his head quickly.

Zena charged, pointing her battle staff at him. Horde swung his hammer, knocking Zena's battle staff away before it touched him. He sharply kicked Zena into her torso, pushing her back as she cried in pain.

Horde marched toward her until Torag rammed him. He pushed Horde away from Zena and body-slammed on him.

While the battle continued, Jenny turned her attention toward the Star Crystal, resting on the panel. She glared at it. "I have to get the crystal off there! Perhaps that will make the weapon stop."

She charged toward it. "Here goes nothing!"

Horde pushed Torag off him and spotted Jenny running toward the panel. "No!"

He got up and charged toward her. "Get over here, little girl!"

Jenny stopped and looked back.

Horde raised his hammer up as he approached her. Jenny's legs shuddered while coldness crawled through her skin. The moment Horde will strike her, she will be dead.

Huntar jumped on top of Horde and bit his neck.

"Go!" Zena grabbed Horde's arm while Torag grabbed the other arm. "We will hold him back!"

Jenny nodded and dashed toward the panel.

"No!" Horde shouted.

When the palm of her hands touched the crystal, the crystal glowed brightly as it turned warm. Jenny ignored the light and pushed the crystal.

While pushing, stings of white light grew through her arms from the crystal. The light boiled her blood and warmed her body up.

Whatever the crystal was doing to her, she couldn't stop pushing it.

The crystal soon rolled off the weapon, and then the weapon stopped. It vibrated as thunder struck through the structure.

After the warmness in her body stopped, Jenny looked down from the ledge. The bottom crumbled while stone block pieces fell to the ground. "We have to get off this thing!"

Horde pushed Huntar and the others off him. He grabbed his hammer and charged toward Jenny. "You will pay for this!"

Before he reached her, the floor collapsed below his feet, making him fall, screaming. "Damn you all to helllllllllll!!!"

Jenny fell down next, but Huntar grabbed her hand while he stood on a falling block. After he pulled her onto the block, she climbed onto his back, and he jumped down across the falling blocks.