Etiam

༻✺༺

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝕸y feet took me around the side of the house to the rickety wooden stable door. How I wished I could saddle the magnificent white horse and ride away into the sunset, gallop far from all this trouble and confusion, high up into the mountains, and live in a cave-like a hermit. I wouldn't last long once winter came, but never mind, let the cold take me for all I cared. Death in the mountains would be a welcome relief to the isolation in the estate. A dry chuckle burst out of my mouth as I started to compose a poem in my mind about how I would return to haunt my family as an angry ghost, preferably one of those spirits that wailed when the wind whipped through the corridors during the winter storms. A jagged line of lightning speared a tall pine on the ridge above me, so close I could almost smell smoke as the branches in the estate exploded into sparks and flames. Thunder drowned out the silence of the already tomblike house and rain began to pour down in such thick sheets I could barely see the garden in front of me. The storm intensified and so did the rattling of the shutters.

In the dark before dawn, when the thunderstorm had finally exhausted its fury and subsided to a light drizzle, the quiet sliced through me like a serrated knife, leaving scars much deeper than the ones on my person.