Nitimur In Vetitum

𝕴 woke up in waves of sensation

The earthy scent of Taimoor against my skin. The warmth of him at my back, his arm a comforting weight over my waist, the bed's luxurious sheets and comforter wrapped up around us to ward off the chill.

Every last ounce of energy in me had been leached away, my limbs were limp and capable of nothing more than the occasional twitch. My body sweetly ached from everything we had done last night. I tried not to focus on the feel of his hot skin against mine or how the weight of him reminded me of what it felt like when he was wedged between my thighs, too lost in my body to be careful what weight he put on me.

I didn't want to open my eyes.

I was sore, high on the afterglow, eyes half-lidded as I lay there. I felt myself tip eagerly against him, wanting more of his musky warmth, a heady mix of sex and secrets.

If I opened my eyes, I'd have to face reality, and I was not ready to step back onto the battleground. I never understood why a woman's virginity was considered to be such a big thing. Why it was owed to someone in the future and why it determined her worth. But now, I understood the true gravity of what I'd chosen to do. How I'd chosen to let him in me and not just physically, but in my head, heart, and my soul. Whatever happened in our lives, however, this new relationship worked out, I'd always feel the imprint of his kisses on my soul, could always sense the ghost of his whispered words on my skin, could trace the pattern of his touch on my flesh.

He would live and breathe within me.

Just like I would live and breathe for him.

Taimoor's arm tightened around me, his hand spreading to press to the spot just beneath my breasts.

"Morning."

Now there was no pretending any longer. We were both awake. And I was tired of staring at the same walls and swimming in my own twisting, dangerous thoughts. Upside down and inside out, they twined and separated and unraveled only to knot into bite-sized chunks of growing anxiety feeling Taimoor's indecision and need as though it were my own.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine."

And I was fine. I wasn't in any rush to get away from him. I don't know if that was comforting or terrifying.

With a wicked, arrogant smile, he'd dragged himself up the bed and gathered my limp body into his arms. He propped himself up and looked down at me.

"Are you sure?"

I blew out a breath."You've done a really thorough job."

"I'm nothing but dedicated," I closed my eyes and buried my forehead in his chest, so I couldn't see his satisfied smile I knew he was sporting on his face. The room swirled in front of me, my heart both sinking and soaring.