Invehitur

❞𝕯aania!"

❞𝕯aania!"

I gasped, the sound nothing short of pure terror, the likes of which I never thought I'd hear from my mouth. Ghazanfar, clothed in an obsidian black suit and matching dark arrogance approached me, a slick tongue and pure poison running through his veins.

"Daania," he sighed, and then talked with a tone so nonchalant it could only be lethal. "How have you been my dear cousin? It's nice to see you so well."

"What is the meaning of this Ghazanfar?"

My fists tightened at my side, feeling the men on either side of me close in. I was so far away from my home, in a darkened alley, without any protection.

Stupid, stupid.

This was a naive beginner's mistake. In my rush to get out of the house, I'd forgotten that I still wasn't safe.

"What was the meaning of having me thrown in jail?" he asked, examining his nails as though he'd wondered about the weather. "We are family and yet, you, no not you," he corrected."Your husband had me rotting in jail. If it weren't for Bibi and her connections, I would have died there."

I stood paralyzed, but steady in the truth, trying to find an out."You deserve much worse than that Gahzanfar," agitating him wasn't the best way forward but I could not help myself.

"I only took what was mine," he stated like he couldn't fathom why I didn't automatically understand. "You belonged to me."

"I belong to myself," my skin prickled, going cold with his presence and the implication of his words.

"Is that what you tell yourself when you live with him? That you belong to yourself? Is that why he had you trapped in his house?" he sneered, his impatience with me causing the cancerous acid of his soul to finally leech out. "Oh, didn't think I knew about that did you? Didn't think I'd know about your little marketing campaign, the poses, and the photographs?"

With a quick tip of his head, I found my arms held by two giant men who appeared from the shadows behind me. Ghazanfar stepped forward, taking up the space I took back.

"You're making a mistake."

Ghazanfar doesn't tower over me. I don't know what makes me so afraid I can't move. The glint in his eyes, maybe. Or the sickening scent of all his ego and power. His fingertips meet my cheek, and then he brushed a lock of hair away from my face. His gaze traced my features like he was seeing me for the first time. He stared at me, his eyes darkening from the unchecked rage of a wild predator."I'm done with her, shut her up."

I was too slow. Everything took longer than it should. My limbs took too much time to move and the world went dark.

My breath was hot against the fabric suddenly covering my face. I tried to scream through the fabric, but a hand clamped over my mouth and nose. I couldn't breathe. Someone had my upper body and another set of arms quickly wrapped around my legs, carrying me like a rolled-up carpet. I thrashed and tried to kick, but they had me immobilized. My heart raced and my lungs screamed for air. The hand still held my face in a tight grip, jamming the fabric into my mouth, covering my nose. I wiggled and writhed, but there were hands everywhere holding me down.