Part 15

"Open the door or I'll shout and tell everyone that you're an intruder "

I stop dead in my tracks. I look around in case anyone heard it. Thankfully no one is in the hallway right now.

"Play along," says Alex

I walk up to the door. Those dark eyes stare back at me as I glance at them.

"That's a lame joke. " I say in a manly voice. I don't know what to do!

The guy laughs "Oh my god, stop! Don't even try to act innocent. It's hilarious and pathetic "

"I'm not! It's me, Kim! Did you hit your- " I say but he cuts me off.

"Those men must either be really really dumb, blind as a bat or they just don't care about Kim at all. You can drop the act and listen to me closely," he says while looking me straight in the eye.

I gulp hard. I glance at Alex and he simply shrugs. I place my back against the wall.

"Talk" I whisper.

"Open the door," he says. Fear begins to well up inside me.

"Why? What are you gonna do!? " I say.

Suddenly a door from the right hallway opens and a woman comes out. This is the first time I'm seeing a woman in here. She looks like she's in her late 30s. Her curly hair is in a mess as if she just woke up.

She glances at me and then ignores. It looks like she's walking up to me so I tense up. She stops at the elevator. While yawning, she presses the elevator button. She smells of cigarettes.

As she waits for the elevator to come, she looks at me "What are you doing standing over there? "

What do I say! I think for a second.

"Tell her you just felt dizzy " Alex says as he comes to my side.

"Oh, nothing, I just felt a bit dizzy from drinking too much," I say and place my fingers on my temples.

"Hmmm, whatever," she says as the elevator doors open and she enters it. As the doors close, I see she takes out a cigarette from her pant pocket.

After she's gone, I sigh in relief.

"Open the door and come in. We could talk inside. It'll be easier. Especially for you. " the guy behind the metal door says. I could feel his mouth forming a smirk.

"What's your goal here? " I say angrily.

"Don't worry. I'm not gonna do anything to you, I just wanna talk"

As if! This guy already sounds like trouble!

"I checked the room. It did seem ordinary but it was smaller than the other rooms and there's no window. There was a box of tools under the bed too." Alex says and goes inside the room. After few seconds he comes back and nods.

"How...did you know that I'm..you know," I say. Afraid that someone will hear me saying that word.

"Come in and I'll tell you. Now I'm gonna count till 3. Open the door till then or I'm going to blow your cover " he says

"1..." he begins...

I should probably just do it.

"2.." he continues.

I unlock the door. The door had 3 locks in total.

There's definitely a reason why he's locked up in here. I can already feel the dangerous vibes coming from inside the room.

The door opens a little. Then it suddenly opens wider and a hand reaches out and grabs my arm. Before I could process what's going on I'm pulled inside and the door is shut behind me.