eight

Cecily was practically bouncing where she stood, one hand clutching Lucius' tightly as he grinned down at the girl softly. It was the first time she had let go of Draco all day, and the boy in question didn't look too happy at the sight of his mate clinging onto another man.

Lucius rolled his eyes at his snarling son. "Cut it out, Draco. I formed a paternal bond with her the first night we met, I have no intentions of stealing your soulmate. Cecily, tell your little boyfriend that he's being silly," he finished with a conspiratorial smirk at his new daughter.

Cecily grinned innocently. "Everything's ok, Draco! You can hold my other hand!"

The blond boy's tense expression softened as he took his mate's hand, his palm easily enfolding her smaller one. "Thank you, beautiful. Now, are you ready to go to Hogwarts and meet Blaise?"

Cecily's eyes lit up as she nodded excitedly, her pent up anticipation making her shake. "Yes! I'm super excited, I wanna give him hugs!"

"He'll be happy to give you as many hugs as you want, darling," Draco chuckled. "He's been talking about how much he wants to spoil you rotten for years."

Wide, hazel eyes peered up into his gray ones. "Does that mean I get to spoil you guys too?"

Draco smirked. "Why don't you ask Blaise that on the train, hmm?"

The dark haired girl nodded resolutely, making the two adults in the room laugh. They knew how the Italian boy would react to that question, and it was sure to be amusing.

"Alright, Cecily. Apparation is not the most comfortable thing, as I'm sure you remember, but it's the easiest way to get to the station. Just make sure to hold on tightly and do not let go, do you understand?" Lucius asked sternly.

Cecily nodded, a tad bit frightened at his words. What would happen if she let go?

"Ok, three, two, one-"

And she felt an uncomfortable tug at her navel, making her cheeks flush green with nausea and her feet lose their balance. As soon as they were on solid ground, Draco picked up the dizzy girl. Her legs wrapped around his waist and his hand rubbed soothing circles into her back.

"Shh, it's over, baby. We're at the train, see! Now we get to go see Blaise and get you sorted, alright," he told her, pacing around as he did his best to keep her breakfast in her stomach.

Cecily nodded against his shoulder, perking up at the  name of her other soulmate. Draco let out a sigh of relief and turned back towards his amused parents.

"Alright, children, don't get in too much trouble. Draco, make sure Cecily gets settled well and do not, for any reason at all, let the Potter boy near her," Lucius sneered at Harry's name. Draco looked confused but nodded nonetheless.

Narcissa fanned her eyes wildly. "I can't believe I just got my daughter and she's already going off to Hogwarts! Dragon, don't you dare let that precious girl get hurt."

Cecily giggled from her perch on Draco's shoulder. "I'll be fine, Mrs Narcissa! I have Draco and Blaisey to take care of me!"

Narcissa choked out a laugh at the nickname but nodded, knowing the truth in her words. "Oh, go already before I really do start crying."

Draco chuckled and nodded goodbye at his parents, watching with loving eyes as Cecily waved goodbye from over his shoulder, blowing little kisses as he boarded them and their trunks onto the train with a simple levitating charm.

Cecily nosed at his neck, making Draco shiver at the ticklish feeling. "Are you alright, darling? You're being awfully quiet."

There was a pause. "What if he doesn't like me?"

Draco positively melted, gently tapping her cheek to make her look at him, ignoring the disgruntled students trying to make their way around the couple. "Oh, angel, he already loves you! He's been talking about you for years, making plans for the dates he'll take you on, I'm pretty sure I saw him sketching out your wedding dress once in second year," Cecily giggled at this, making him smile softly. "The only thing you need to worry your pretty little head about is how to throw away all the food he's gonna try and stuff your tummy with as soon as he sees you," he finished, tickling her stomach to make her squeal cutely.

Cecily beamed up at him with thankful eyes. "Thank you, Draco."

"Of course."

And they continued their trek to find the missing piece of her puzzle.