fifteen

draco was fidgeting where he lay in his bed. he had never felt this antsy in his life, fingers twitching and legs bouncing against the mattress.

blaise wasn't any better. he was tossing a quaffle up and down, feet tapping a rhythm on the foot of his bed.

"do you think she's this anxious as well?" draco spoke up, voicing the thought that they had both been stewing in since they had been separated from their little mate.

blaise furrowed his brow. "i hope not. this feeling is horrible."

there was a pause. "you know...i am a prefect," draco started. blaise raised a brow before seemingly catching on with a smirk.

"you do have duties to fulfill, monitoring the halls for wandering students and all that."

draco let out a wicked grin. "that i do. and i think i need a partner to help me."

cecily couldn't sit still. with a huff, she stole her blanket from her bed and stumbled, half asleep down to the common room, hoping susan wouldn't wake up due to the sounds of her footsteps. it was dark despite the light from the fireplace.

she let out a shrill shriek, thankfully quieted from where she had her face buried in her yellow comforter. with shaky steps, she approached the entrance of the common room and opened it, wielding a stuffed animal in her hand.

she stared blankly when she was met with two smirking faces. familiar smirking faces.

"dray? blaisey? what are you doing here?" cecily asked, but she couldn't hide the excitement in her eyes and her bright smile.

blaise chuckled. "we missed you, doll, and i doubt any of us are going to get any sleep separated. don't you agree?"

cecily nodded so hard draco was concerned she would get whiplash.

moving to the side, she allowed them entrance. draco smiled at the teddy bear in her hand.

"a plush as your weapon as choice, hm? im not quite sure death by stuffed bear would be seen as very noble."

cecily flushed. "it was all i had," she mumbled.

blaise smiled fondly down at her. how did they get someone so absolutely adorable as their soulmate?

"come on, my love, lets get some sleep," draco said, placing a hand on the small of cecily's back and leading her to the couch.

draco settled first, pulling her down and settling her head in his lap. blaise sat next to them and pulled her legs onto his own.

"sleep, angel," draco whispered, caressing her hair as her eyes began to flutter shut.

and if the hufflepuff house woke up the next morning to the sight of the two most feared slytherin princes cradling the sister of the boy who lived with such care that it brought tears to their eyes, well...no one can say that a secret stays a secret for long.