nine

Blaise Zabini considered himself to be a patient man, but there was one thing that tested his limits every single day: waiting for his mate.

It was a nightly occurrence for him. Staring up at his bedroom ceiling and picturing the girl he and his best friend would be spending the rest of their lives with. Blaise knew she was beautiful, and he knew that he loved her, but that was all. How much longer would he have to wait?

His white dress shirt was rolled up to his elbows, revealing dark forearms that flexed with each twitch of his nimble fingers. His back pressed up against the window of the compartment he saved for Draco and himself. One leg was bent at the knee as the other layed flat on the seat, holding the sketchbook where he completed a daily ritual of his: drawing the things he wished to show his soulmate once he met her. Yes, Blaise knew he was a complete hopeless romantic, but who wouldn't be when they knew they had a perfect match out there, just waiting for them?

He had just finished the sketch of the Black Lake (from what he remembered at least) when the most enticing scent rolled over him. It was like starlight, the fields of lavender his mother had taken him on strolls in when he was small, the dreams of a faceless woman snuggling into his chest and whispering soundless 'I love you's. The scent of his mate.

In neck breaking speed the Italian had snapped out of his seat and ripped open the compartment door, only to be met with a smirking blond who never seemed to be out of arms reach. A snarl began to pull on the edges of his lips until he noticed the delectable little thing cradled snugly in his best friend's arms.

He could only see the back of her lithe form, but he never wanted to look at anything else for the rest of his life. Long, ink black hair reached her waist in soft curls that he ached to run his fingers through as she lay across his chest at night. Trailing his eyes down languidly, his eyes flashed black at the sight of the tiny skirt just barely hiding what he knew to be a beautiful sight from his eyes. Creamy thighs wrapped around Draco's waist, making Blaise growl in envy.

As his eyes ventured back upwards (albeit reluctantly) a pair of dark hazel eyes met his. His entire being softened. Plump, pink lips parted at the sight of Blaise, giving him a view of the cute little tongue he would definitely put to good use in the future. Her cheeks were flushed, lashes fluttering delicately as her breathing sped up. A spattering of freckles lay across her small nose, and Blaise had to repress the strong urge to kiss each one until she was writhing with giggles beneath him.

Without taking his eyes away from her once, Blaise gently grabbed his soulmate by the waist and sat down on the bench, placing her on his lap so that she was straddling his thighs. Long fingers tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as he stared at her with reverence.

"What's your name, little one?"

Cecily shivered at the sound of his deep voice, and managed to relax even further into his arms. "Cecily."

He parroted her, a grin tugging up on the lips that Cecily couldn't help but notice were deliciously plump and inviting, but she quickly shook those thoughts out of her head.

Draco gracefully took a seat next to the two with a smirk. "Enjoy my surprise, Zabini?"

"It's the best one you've ever gotten me, Malfoy," he whispered back, ignoring the cocky tone in the blond's voice.