Seven; wake me up

Light footsteps padded along the wooden floor in the dimly lit hallway, the only light coming in the upstairs was the moonlight. Dallas used the flashlight of her phone to determine where she was walking, and to avoid smacking into a wall. Which undoubtedly, would have left a nasty mark on her petite body. 

It was another nightmare that woke the teen, one she hadn't had for quite a while. The time on her phone read three thirty am, causing a light shudder to run down her spine. She couldn't remember the exact concept of the dream, only a pair of red eyes paired with fiery red curls staring at her through her window, followed by a piercing howl of a wolf. 

She finally located her mother's door and knocked once, before quietly opening the wooden door. Her mother lifted her head slightly, and sighed ruefully when she saw the tears running down her daughters face. She moved her head gently, gesturing to the empty space beside her. Dallas wasted no time, closing the door behind her and sprinting to the large bed in her mothers room.

Instantly, Monica pulled her into her arms and began rubbing her back soothingly. "Did it happen again?" Dallas nodded into her mothers shoulder, feeling the intense fear spike her body once again. Monica was well aware of the dream that plagued her daughter's dreams, only she wasn't sure if it was a dream.

"I-It felt s-so real, Mom. I seriously felt like someone was watching me, and I've felt it for months." Monica stiffened, and was glad her daughter couldn't see her face at the moment. 

"What happened?" Dallas began explaining the red haired monster, with the blood red eyes gazing at her from her window. While she was explaining, Monica had grabbed her phone from beside her and started texting Billy.

Dallas had no idea what she was doing, too distraught as she continued sobbing into her mothers shoulder. But Monica did, Monica had a gut feeling it was the same vampire that the pack were following. But the question remained: Why Dallas? 

::::

"Would you be opposed to the idea of me moving schools?" Dallas asked Paul the next day, the pair lounging in the formers living room. Paul turned to her, one of his brows raised as he sat up on the mattress the duo had dragged from the basement. (Truthfully, it had been Paul but Dallas likes to pretend she did more than what she actually did, which was eating Doritos while he did the work.)

"Better be the reservation." He stated, grabbing a handful of Doritos from the bowl on her lap before shoving them in his mouth. Dallas laughed at the sight, as she grabbed her own handful.

Nodding, she smiled at him. Unbeknownst to her, that one smile caused the Lahote boy's heart to nearly jump out of his chest. "Yeah, well I was thinking of doing it sooner rather than later. I was gonna do it when the season ended but both teams are combined now, I'm sure I can still run it from La Push. I don't really have any friends anymore, gosh I sound like a loser." She explained, her cheeks burning with embarrassment at her confession. Paul frowned, he didn't like hearing how sad she was. It made him sad.

"I promise you'll have friends at the Res, well I mean you already do-" He pointed out, causing a small smile to tug the corners of her lips. "-but it's up to you. I mean I would like it if we went to the same school again, means we can hang out more." He nudged the smaller girl beside him playfully.

Dallas chuckled, pulling the blanket up a little more as the living room had gotten a little cold. "I'll talk to my mom. I'm sure she'd prefer it, y'know?" She shivered lightly, feeling another wave of coldness hit. Paul noticed, and leaned in closer.

"When would you move?" He asked, but Dallas only just heard the question. Her mind was taking note of the immense heat that his body was producing. Without thinking, she leaned her head on his shoulder. Both their heart rates increasing at the same time.