ten; breathe

{I did promise the drama would be starting soon, and it's going to be starting from this chapter. I wanted to have this revelation made this early into the story so that I can speed up New Moon a little bit. It will be an interesting revelation. Please let me know if you like it, I would love your feedback.}

The smell of fresh pine trees filled the blonde's nose as she inhaled the crisp scent joyfully

The smell of fresh pine trees filled the blonde's nose as she inhaled the crisp scent joyfully. Beside her, Jacob slung his arm around her dainty shoulders as he grinned so wide, it made Dallas's heart soar with happiness. Nothing brought her more joy than seeing her best friends so happy. In front of her, Quil was currently shutting the back of the truck.

"You guys ready to go?" The teen asked, turning around to face his two closest friends with a grin that matched Jacob's. Jacob nodded, removing his arm from Dallas's shoulder and making a run for the front seat. Dallas rolled her eyes at his child-like antics, as she grabbed her phone out of her pocket.

'I don't know if you're gonna read this, but i sure hope you do. Merry Christmas eve, Emz. I hope you're having a good day, we miss you. It's not the same without you. I love you forever and ever, and even though we aren't talking I want you to know you will forever be my bestest friend... I love you more than all the stars in the sky and I really hope you go to the Clearwater's tomorrow, so that I can give you your present. You don't even have to speak to me, I just want you to have your gift.'- Dallas.

'Merry Christmas eve, Dallas. I really hope everything gets sorted out soon... Man I miss you like crazy. I want you to know I love you, and you're still my best friend. It's just.... there's some stuff I still have to sort out.'-Embry.

Dallas sighed, and blinked back the unshed tears threating to fall down her lightly tanned cheeks. She missed Embry, like a lot. Today just wasn't the same without him by her side. Quil honked the horn impatiently, breaking her concentration away from her phone and towards the black pick up truck. She walked towards the truck, and tried to put the thoughts of her best friend in the back of her mind. Though she knew she was grateful Jake and Quil were with her, she couldn't stop the pang in her chest when she looked at the empty seat beside her. That seat that was usually occupied by the long-haired boy, who would crack jokes in good nature, the boy who understood her the best.

She softly shut the door, and clicked in her seatbelt. Quil and Jake began conversing between themselves, while Dallas clicked onto the message she had low key been dreading to open.

'I know I haven't been...present. But I want you to know that I know you were there. I remember you coming by every day, I remember you calling Charlie, I remember you submitting my work so I wouldn't fall behind. I appreciate you more than you could ever know. I guess it's been hard seeing you because you just remind me so much of...them. Because you were also friends with them. It makes it harder I guess. But I miss you, and I want to catch up and work this out, because I really need to surround myself with positive people.'-Bella.