eighteen; cigarette daydreams

January eighth, Two-thousand and Seventeen

The days that followed Mason's funeral were full of heightened emotions, temper flare ups and a lot of angst towards the unfairty of the world. Paul never left his imprints side, he couldn't bare to be away from the one person who needed him the most. Paul truthfully, would never understand it. How could a heart like hers, ever possibly love a heart like his? There would never be a day where he wouldn't feel eternally grateful his ancestors placed his soul with hers, she was too good for this world, too good for him

He had never met anyone like her, he doubted he ever would. Her smile was like no other, her smile showcasing the two dimples on either cheek. Her eyes, oh god  her eyes. The way they changed colour from green to brown and the way they sparkle when she looked at him, caused butterflies in his stomach every time he saw them. Her hair, the colour of blonde that somehow lightened every time she wore a bright colour. Her soft curls, the feeling between his fingers as he ran his hand through her hair. Her laugh, he would do whatever she wanted, would climb every mountain, cross every ocean just to hear her laugh, and see the smile in her eyes. He couldn't ever  find someone else like her, he didn't know if he ever could. 

Nobody ever, would have the effect that Dallas James had on him. But the thing is, Paul never wanted anyone else too. 

The imprint duo were currently at Sam and Emily's, Paul spending as much time as he could with the blonde before his afternoon patrol. Dallas was sitting next to him at the mahogany dining table, both laughing at a video she had showed him.

"If you ever try and jump scare me like that, I will kill you." Dallas joked, referring to the prank video they had watched.

Paul rolled his eyes lazily, "Dallas, you're literally over a foot shorter than me. I'm not scared of you." Embry snorted from the other side of the table, picking at a muffin lazily as he eyed the duo in amusement.

"Dude come on, she's actually scary. Do you not remember New Years Eve a year ago? She broke that sleazes nose, and had zero regrets either." Paul growled lightly, his body shaking only stopping when Dallas slipped her smaller hand into his own.

After glancing at Paul to make sure he was okay, she turned her attention to Embry. "My hand hurt for days after that, but Paul got into him way worse anyways." Jared hummed in agreement as he walked into the small room, having just finished patrol.

After plonking down on a chair next to Embry, he grabbed his own muffin. "Yeah, it took us like, three hours or something just to calm him down." Dallas raised her eyebrows at this, she didn't know Paul  was that angry.

Subconsciously, Paul gently caressed her knuckles with his thumb. "I just couldn't stand to think what could've happened, I lost it. I'm glad I didn't phase on him, but I don't regret hitting him."