Timestamps: Part Two

Timestamps Part 2

May 6th, 7:54 am

"Jeez, Moore. Calm down! What's got your panties in a bunch today? You'd better slow down or you're going to get hurt. It would suck to cut you before you even make the team." Charles snickered. Ryan just ignored him. Charles was a dick. There's always one on every team. He abso-fucking-loutely didn't care. Not one bit. Charles might as well give it up. Ryan Moore was not available for comment at this time.

Because he was all wrapped up in thinking about what would happen at school today. What would happen when he saw Cameron. Or when Cameron saw him. He didn't know what would happen, but knew it would be epic. Last night's phone call ran over and over and over in his head. Cameron claimed him. Cameron Tanner claimed Ryan Moore as his. He sighed. It was awesome. It felt so freaking awesome to be that important to the most important person in Ryan's own life. That's why he couldn't stop himself from running faster, hitting harder, throwing farther than he'd had before. He felt like he could fucking fly if he had to.

"Ummm...Ryan, Charles isn't wrong." James cautioned, after blowing his whistle and calling Ryan over. "Slow down. You are going to hurt yourself. Focus. We only have five more minutes."

"Dude! Who's that guy over there?' It was Derrick, coming over to them pointing. "I've never seen him here before. He's been watching us for the last half hour."

James and Ryan looked where Derrick pointed. . There, sitting on the bleachers, soaking in the early morning spring sunshine, book on his lap, forgotten, was a young guy wearing jeans, a Lord of the Rings novelty shirt and black converse shoes. A Ravenclaw scarf lay on the bench nearby. He had sandy brown hair, but it was pulled up in a short ponytail, showing off the vulnerable column of his neck. When he saw the three guys looking at him, he stood up, waved and grinned. He lifted his chin slightly up, exposing more of his neck, and bit his bottom lip in a strangely obvious way.

Ryan shook his head, grinning.

"Is this my early birthday present?" James' eyes were wide. "Thank you to whatever gods are smiling down on me today!" He started walking over to the bleachers, Ryan following quickly. Derrick just shook his head and went back to the other guys, who started laughing. They knew what was up. Their captain was notorious.

"What? Where are you going? Don't we still have five minutes?" Ryan asked.

"I think that is the hottest guy I've ever seen here on campus. I'm not letting him leave before I get his number." James declared. "Watch and learn, young Ryan. This is how it's done."

"I didn't realize...I mean...are you...gay?" Ryan sputtered. How many guys were freaking gay around here?

"Yes." James looked at Ryan, tearing his eyes off his target for a second. "Does that bother you?"

"No." Ryan said emphatically. "No it does not. But..."

"No buts about it, Moore. The rest of practice is cancelled. I'll drive you to school in a few minutes. Let me get his number first."

As they got closer to the boy, Ryan's feet moved a little faster, his breath came a little shorter. He started tearing off his pads, shedding them like a snake sheds its old skin that is too constricting. Just ditching them on the grass, leaving him in his red team jersey and his black shorts. Cameron's eyes glittered as he saw Ryan fling his helmet onto the ground.

James and Ryan came to a halt in front of him.

"Hi, my name's James." He flashed a wicked smile. "This is...."

"Hi, Ryan," Cameron said, ignoring the older boy, putting his hand on his smooth, pale neck, as if rubbing a sore muscle. Ryan's eyes tracked the movement. He bit his lip, hazel eyes slowly dilating.