C35 Jin Cheng and Zhou Ting

The Diamond Family's KTV was located in the center of the East Base City. Since the rate of consumption in the city center was extremely high, people who usually come to these places were extremely rich people. Rarely do cultivators come to such places.

In this world, having the status of a martial cultivator can be extremely beneficial at certain times. Although Ye Chen and the others have yet to become "real" martial cultivators, their status is still, nevertheless, a lot higher than that of normal civilians.

Having to leave in a hurry, all four of them had forgotten to change their clothes before going; thus having to wear their school uniforms of Anyue Academy to attend the party in the Diamond Family's KTV.

Seeing that they were students of Anyue Academy, the employees of the KTV began acting more respectful towards them.

"I'd like to ask if you guys…"

Ye Chen interrupted his sentence before he could finish speaking.

"The Crystal Palace," Ye Chen said to the staff member.

The Crystal Palace was a private room of the Diamond Family.

Without further ado, the staff member led Ye Chen and the group towards the Crystal Palace

Not long after, Ye Chen and his group arrived outside the Crystal Palace.

After they walked in, they found Zhang Xiaoshi sitting alone inside.

"You're all here?"

Zhang Xiaoshi hurriedly stood up and said to the others.

"Wait, Little Shi, where's your girlfriend?" Xiao Wei asked in confusion.

Zhang Xiaoshi's girlfriend was called Zhou Ting. Although they are dating each other, he studies at Anyue Academy while she studies at Gale Academy.

"She said she'll be here soon and also mentioned something about wanting to discuss some important matters with me. However, her tone over the phone didn't sound too good."

Zhang Xiaoshi scratched his head and said.

All five of them were members of the Willow Leaf Team during the field trial.

"Don't think too much. It's probably nothing too serious," Wang Hai said with a smile.

Afterwards, they began singing to their heart's content.

Ye Chen naturally felt that singing was meaningless. Instead, he sat on the side and took a sip of the glass of wine in his hand.

"Ye Chen, you should sing too," Liu Qianqian looked at Ye Chen playfully.

When she said those words, Wang Hai, Zhang Xiaoshi, and Xiao Wei, going with the flow, also began insisting Ye Chen to sing.

It was difficult to refuse such a request from his friends, much less Liu Qianqian.

Just as Ye Chen took the microphone from Liu Qianqian, a boy and girl opened the door and came walking into the room.

The girl was quite beautiful to say the least. She appeared to be around the same age as them and wore exquisite clothing.

This girl was none other than Zhang Xiaoshi's girlfriend, Zhou Ting.

As for the somewhat good-looking boy...

Ye Chen did not recognize him, but it seemed like the others did.

"Jin Cheng?" Liu Qianqian looked at the young man in front of her with a puzzled expression.

Jin Cheng is the number one genius of Gale Academy.

Ye Chen had once heard of Jin Cheng's name, but he had never seen how he looked like before.

"Qianqian, so... you're here too," Jin Cheng smiled and then looked at Zhang Xiaoshi. "You're Zhang Xiaoshi, right? It seems that Zhou Ting has become tired of you."

Upon hearing his words, all the members of the Willow Leaf Team revealed expressions filled with astonishment.

"You, what did you say?" Zhang Xiaoshi looked at Jin Cheng in shock.

In response, Jin Cheng looked towards Zhou Ting and said: "It's better if you tell him directly."

Zhou Ting hesitated when she heard this. However, she immediately looked at Zhang Xiaoshi and said, "Sorry, I don't like you anymore."

"Wh- why?"

Zhang Xiaoshi's body began trembling in pure shock and her eyes started to redden.

"Compared to Jin Cheng's status as the number genius of Gale Academy, you are nothing. Furthermore, your small change amounts to nothing compared to that of Jin Cheng's background in East Base City."

Though Zhou Ting did not speak very loudly, each word coming out of her mouth felt like a needle piercing through Zhang Xiaoshi's fragile heart.

"So... so... you…"

Before Zhang Xiaoshi could finish uttering his words, he was rudely interrupted by Jin Cheng.

"So that's basically how she fell for me," Jin Cheng looked at Zhang Xiaoshi with disdain. "Let me warn you. You should stop pestering Zhou Ting any further, or I will make you and your family disappear from this world."

Jin Cheng threatened him.