Chapter 17

Noah's POV:

Theo's scent has never smelt this good before, mine and his together from what happened last night. As I opened my eyes to see Theo- a pillow? Clothed in mine and Theo's clothes? I bet Theo did this so he could get up and eat, I may have latched onto him tightly. As I got up and stretched feeling a smile grow on my face from the memories last night. My mate has finally been marked by me. I only got my boxers and shorts on and decided to head downstairs to see my mate. Goddess that roles off my tongue so well.

As I got to kitchen, I was greeted by Katie and Axel standing there whispering with worried looks on their faces, why does my stomach feel weird? As I approached them their whispering stopped, "What were you two whispering about?" Both of them didn't say a word, why is my stomach hurting so much? "Well?"

"N-Noah, um" Katie stuttered out

"Theo's missing" Axel finished for Katie. I've started to feel my face start to turn pail from that news, m-my mate has gone missing, I've never felt so much rage in my veins including a thousand questions started running through my mind, my mate is gone, did he leave me? Did he actually love me? My legs gave out and I started crying on the floor, Axel and Katie both ran to my side giving me as much comfort as they could, its not every day when they see their alpha crumble in front of their eyes. I started to feel both of their arms snake around my neck and my torso giving me their warmth that was from their bodies. "H-He left me..." I said through a shaky breath, I couldn't even form any words my mind was so confused and filled with questions with no answers. I decided to head back to my en-suite and stay there... its was for the best for now.

~~~

Axel's POV:

I've never seen Noah so down before even when he loses his closest friends in the pack, he was never this down, probably because Theo meant so much to him that he got really close to him... guess the only thing we can do is try and find him. "Babe, I'm gonna take a few of our pack warriors and try and find him, we won't go too far" Katie gave me a quick peck on the lips as a silent way of telling me to stay safe. I returned her kiss and headed off to the pack warriors.

As I arrived, the warriors dashed into a line with their hands at their sides, dressed in recently cleaned metal armour that covered their entire torso and legs and a wolf shaped helmet, none of their armour had no rust in sight, just what I like to see. "Listen Up!" I shouted at the top of my voice, "The Alpha's mate has vanished and it is up to us to find him!" I saw a few of them exchanging glances that I couldn't quite read. "I will only take a few of you and will travel around the pack borders to find any type of scent, Do I Make myself clear?"

"YES SIR!" They shouted in unison. As I picked the most suitable warriors to join me on this search, I sent the rest of the warriors to keep an eye out if he is to return to the pack. Before we could even leave the pack, I heard my name being called, as I turned around, I saw someone running towards me, what was his name? If only I remembered, he does look familiar. As soon as this wolf reached me, he was panting, he must have ran from the other side of the pack. "M-my.... Name is Josh and.... I wanna help" he stated through his panting. I pondered on what he said, we did need more wolves just in case and having a helping hand could help. "Your sure that you wanna help Josh?" I inquired, he answered with a 'yes sir' and I allowed him to join.

It's been 2 hours and no sign of Theo's scent is anywhere, it's like it's been covered with someone else's scent or he did he actually leave the pack's borders? Josh has been acting really suspicious as well and every time I get near him, he has a vibe that doesn't seem right and he has had a few bruises and lines on his neck as well, its like he was strangled and no way he is a warrior, I know all my warriors in this pack. I'll question him later.

We have searched for over 4 hours and there was no sign of Theo's tracks, we decided to head back to the pack and have something to eat. As I was eating at the pack-house with Katie, I realised that Noah still hasn't exited his room yet, I have also asked Katie if he has while he was gone and she also said that he hasn't. I decided to make some food and head upstairs and give him something to eat.

As I arrived at Noah's door, I heard nothing... just silence, no sobbing just, nothing. I knocked onto his door and asked if I could come in, there was no response. Without permission I entered the alpha's chambers and there he was laying on his bed curled up holding a shirt, by the way he was holding it, it was probably Theo's. "Noah?" I said softly receiving no response from the non-moving alpha, "you need to eat something, it's been hours since you last ate" I stated. Still no movement. I placed the plate of food on the bedside table and sat the alpha up against the headboard and gave him the plate, subconsciously he started eating to my relief, I placed my hand on his shoulder making him look at me "We will find him, you can count on me Noah" I said softly with a warm-hearted smile. He gave a small nod and went back to eating his food.

I didn't leave his side in the comfortable silence while he finished off the last few pieces of food that was left on his plate, once finished I took the plate off him and was about to get up when a hand grasped my wrist, as I look to see who it was, it was no one else than Noah, "please find him... I want my mate back, don't ever stop looking for him Axel, go past the borders if needed, just don't go too far" his voice was nothing but a whisper, I nodded my head and left him alone taking his plate back to the kitchen. I decided to get the same people including Josh to go back out to look for Theo.

Let's just hope we can find him soon.