Daughter

"Where are the subjects?" Janson asked me while walking with me through the corridors.

"They're worn out." I told him and he walked beside me as I led to where we had kept them.

"What about you, the ride here? How was it, make any friends with them?" Janson asked me and I nodded slightly annoyed. That's all he cares about. All he cares about is the mission Ava gave me.

It sucks that I'm kinda being forced to be friends with them. They were my friends before they were sent up to the maze, and now that they don't remember, I have to regain that.

"Yeah, I made a few."

I said before leading him to the door opening it and I saw all the gladers jump out of their comfy positions walking towards us.

"You kids doing all right? Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm." Janson excused and I set my eyes at the demolished banquet and I scoffed to the sight. Wow they either have the stomach capacity of cows, or they really were starving.

"You guys are real pigs." I commented and Janson shot me a glare. Ithought my comment was quite a good statment.

"Who are you?" Thomas asked.

"We're the reason you're all still alive. It's our intention to keep you that way. Now, come with me." Janson said walking out and the rest of them were hesitent but as soon as Thomas left so did they.

I guess we know who they all follow.

"I run this place. For us it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You all should think of it as a way station. Kind of a home between homes. Watch yourselves."

He explained completley lying but he sounded like he'd done this way to many times. He wasn't even trying.

"That mean you're taking us home?" Thomas asked and I nodded. "A home of sorts." I told them.

"Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of wherever you came from. But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside the Scorch, where WICKED will never find you again. How does that sound?" Janson asked them and they all just looked at each other with calming looks.

"Why are you helping us?" Newt asked and we stopped at the doors leading them to the showers.

"Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that you kids can survive the Flare virus... makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, as no doubt by now you've noticed. Beyond this door lies the beginning of your new lives."

Janson explained to them and I swiped the key card through the machine as the door opened.

"First things first... let's do something about that smell." I grinned and I let them run past me to the showers.

"Female showers are on the left." I told her and she shot me a smile before walking past me.

"Aris right?" I asked looking down at him with a tray of food in my hands. Kids been alone for a week. I might aswell give him some company.

"Young?" He asked and I nodded letting out a laugh as I sat next to him. I could tell he couldn't trust anyone around here. Even though I work here that's a good thing.

"It's June by the way. I get called Young by the guards."

"You're aware the kids won't stop staring right?" I questioned looking towards the table Newt was sat at and Aris nodded, why did he not do anything about?