Only Choice

"Why you so quiet?" I asked Aris who starred at his food plainly still not trusting it.

"I'm always quiet." He stated and I furrowed my eyes at him. He's up to something. "Quieter than usual." I said suspicious and he just shrugged not giving a response.

"Please eat. Get some meat on your bones." I told him and he hesitantly took a bite out of his bread. "Why do you hang out with me? I thought you liked those guys." He stated as he looked over to Minhos table and then both our eyes shifted to my dad reading the names and the other guards.

"I like you Aris. Our meals in silence are the best." I told him winking and it seemed like Aris and I had managed to gain some sort of a one sided silent friendship with me. I do the talking and he listens a little. And responds from time to time.

Then my eyes shifted to Thomas who aggressively walked with the rest of the kids but one of the guards stopped him from getting through the restricted zone and it looked like he was arguing with him.

The guard then aggressively pushed him and I jumped out racing towards him as the rest of the boys did the same.

"Calm down!" I yelled at Thomas and his friends held him back and I looked at the guard who pushed him.

"What was that for!" I yelled at him and he pointed to Thomas. "Control him!" He yelled back and I looked towards Thomas and then my eyes shifted to Minho who starred straight at me.

"Thomas what the hell?" I looked at him, my face puzzled and he starred back at me blankly not saying anything.

I saw my dad racing back out towards us and that's when I stiffened up. "Hey what's going on here!" He yelled looking around.

He then loosened his tone a little looking back over at Thomas. "Thomas I thought we could trust each other. We're all on the same team here." Janson put in a little more of a trusting tone as he placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Are we?" Thomas questioned and I couldn't help but grin to that. I'm glad that he doesn't trust everything. I don't trust it either and I work for these idiots.

"Get them to their dorms." Janson said and I was about to walk along with them until he grabbed me.

"Not you. Ava wants to speak to us. She said it was urgent. Look a little decent." He told me and I let out a small sigh. God I wish a bullet had actually gone through her brain.

And I'm not looking decent for anyone. If I'm comfortable then I'm comfortable.

"You sure this can't wait?" Janson asked the technician as we walked through the restricted zone. I had never seen this before.

This whole place terrified me. What if that was me being connected to tubes as they sucked the life out of me. I didn't even know this existed. I just wanted to run away from this crap.

"She was very specific sir. She wanted to speak with you personally." The dude told us and my mind wandered over the many bodies.

"As if I don't have enough to deal with." Dad tutted and I stopped at my feet going another direction. "What the hell are you doing to them?" I asked him as anger and worry struck through my voice.

"You don't need to worry about that June." He stated and I gasped at the bodies around me. I tripped over something almost falling until I felt someone grab my hand stopping me from hitting the ground.

I looked down to see Thomas starring wide eyed with his finger on his lips hushing me. 'What the hell are you doing here!' I mouthed and he just shook my head not wanting me to talk.